Wednesday, April 14, 2010

it's a new life for me

...and I'm feelin' good!

I know it has been a while since I have posted, and a lot has happened since my last post...so this is my small effort to get caught up and let everyone know how I am doing.

Of course the highlight of the last week has been me going through the temple for the first time. It was a very memorable event. Completely not what I expected, yet I couldn't have asked for anything better! It was AMAZING to see all of my friends and family there to support me. And to think, I stressed so much about which temple to go through... The Salt Lake Temple was definitely the best decision I could have ever made!

The day started with a shopping trip with my mother...to buy the items needed for the day. Then a good chunk of time was just spent staring at everything I (meaning my mother) had bought and trying to take it all in. The mom and I enjoyed some lunch and then it was time to get ready for the main event. We headed to the temple a little early because I had this brilliant idea to take pictures of myself in front of the temple to document my experience. The pictures didn't really go like I had planned and I am too lazy to photoshop them, so here are a few pics from the day:
getting ready to cross the street to the temple

trying to figure out how to include my face and the entire temple in one shot

a beautiful fountain...LOVE the temple grounds!

the reflection pond (and me struggling to carry all of my belongings)

the mother and I

me!
and more me...just chillaxin' before the fun begins
Like I mentioned before, I could not have asked for a better experience. It was great and I loved every minute of it. I actually have more that I want to post...but it will have to wait for another day. Something more important has come up...

4 comments:

tiare said...

Wow! It looks like it was a beautiful day!!!!....and you look pretty too!!!!
P.S. It just keeps getting better everytime you go back!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Yeah I was glad I got to see you there and spend time with you...you are the best and I really mean that for so many different reasons, love ya Layns and I will be in touch about Amy's baby shower

Anonymous said...

Isn't the Temple amazing! I feel I learn so much, and remember things I forgot, each time I go back. See you there at next Branch Temple Night! Love ya Bunches.
-Sandy-

The Stimpsons said...

These are great pictures, Alayna! I wish we could have seen you sice we were so close this weekend! Congratulations! Now you can go to the temple whenever you like and feel the power and spirit there. Awesome!