Wednesday, November 9, 2011

a little of this, a little of that...

It's about time I updated my blog with something of value.


But I've got nothing valuable to share.

So for now, I will just share some thoughts I've had lately:

*I really love "No Shave November." There is just something about a man with facial hair that makes me smile. However, I do not love girls that participate in "No Shave November." That's just nasty. But to tell you the truth, I am convinced that I can grow a beard faster than most men I know.
*I have been listening to Christmas music since October 24th. And to be honest, I am shocked that I have done this because I tend to get sick of Christmas music pretty quick. No, I am not listening to only Christmas music, but I did venture out with some friends to buy the new Michael Buble Christmas CD (at midnight, dressed in winter clothing...when it was probably 80 degrees outside)...and I can't bring myself to take it out of the car CD player. So I listen to it, everyday. And I LOVE it!

*I can't seem to get enough crafting in these days. I think it all started when I had to begin preparations to teach the Relief Society lesson this last weekend. The lesson was on "Tender Mercies" and I threw in "Gratitude" too. We decided to give each of the girls gratitude journals to take home and I LOVED creating them. I made my own (which I stare at and smile at everyday) as well as a "Tender Mercies" sign to display throughout the month (that is our Relief Society theme for November). Wanna see?Honestly, I had such a hard time preparing my lesson because I just had to keep sneaking into my kitchen to look at my creations. Yep, I'm weird like that. Are you the same? You make something cute and can't pull yourself away from staring? So now I have switched my focus to Christmas presents. I have stayed up near midnight the last two nights because I am so in love with what I am making and CAN'T STOP! But at least it is a worthy cause...


{I am out of thoughts}

3 comments:

Amy Piller said...

I am the same way I love creating something and then loving it! ALthough sometimes what I create doesn't turn out so great! Love the journals so cute!!!

jessi said...

i wish i had your creativity! i usually make something and then keep going back to see if I should throw it away!

Marianne and Matt said...

Lovin those thoughts. I can't believe you can actually pull off a mustache....your just so cute no matter what:)