Friday, March 30, 2012

Some Nights...I don't sleep

Have you ever had one of those moments when you think, "Man, I am too old for this crap...but it's so darn fun!"? No? Well, I feel sorry for you because it's a good feeling. And I have felt it a lot lately.

One week after my first impromptu roadtrip to San Diego, I hopped back in the car with some other friends to head to Tucson, Arizona. Believe it or not, I had never been there before. It wasn't that exciting of a town, but then again, I was only there for about 18 hours. The car ride was full of laughter and loud singing, just as a roadtrip should be. And the laughter and loud singing continued throughout the entire night (no joke...but we'll get to that later). We stopped at our hotel to freshen up and then headed out to dinner at a place called Bumsted's:

It was a highly inappropriate restaurant, full of crazy pictures and even more inappropriately named entrees. Their menu claims to love my bum...and I believe them. After all, everything we ordered was massive, thus increasing the size of my bum:


After gorging ourselves, we headed to this place:

To see this band:

Don't we look excited??

I have to tell you, it was one of the greatest concerts I have ever been to. There was nothing fancy about it, but hearing FUN. live sounds exactly the same as hearing FUN. on the cd. They are a very entertaining bunch and I really like their music. And the girls I was with definitely added to the enjoyment.

Perhaps the thing that brought me the most joy was the fact that we were sitting off to the side, and could only see the first two letters of the band name while they were serenading us. But because I love them so much, I chose not to be offended. Hahahaha.


After the sweaty and fantastic concert was over, we headed out to our hidden parking spot, which happened to be behind the theater and where the band's bus was parked. We pulled up a spot against the chain link fence hoping to catch a glimpse of the guys. Little did we know that every single one of them would make their way toward us, to shake our hands, sign things for us and take pictures with us. It was so exciting!

Jack:

Andrew (my personal favorite):

And the amazingly, talented, lead singer Nate Ruess:


We left that night on a high. It was such a fun experience and I am so glad I got to go.

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, we couldn't sleep and spent many hours reminiscing on our experience. Around 4 am we got an unexpected visitor, and then the shenanigans really started. But we won't get in to that. Just trust me...I didn't sleep that night. And I paid for it the next day, and the next, and the next. I am so excited to be able to sleep this weekend!

Again I say:


{I'm too old for this crap...but it's so darn fun!}

3 comments:

Amy Piller said...

I want more details as to who this visitor was.......

Emily Stradling said...

Best weekend ever and I feel like I just relived it through your fantastic post.
I seriously cannot compete with you and Cara's blogging skills. I think I'll just post a link to send people over to your blogs.

Cara said...

I swear this was the best trip I have ever had. Alayna why were you not in my life during high school? Seriously, could you even imagine?
Once our finances are in order we need to talk about the next trip we are taking.