Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bring on Christmas!

It's the most wonderful time of the year...and I LOVE IT!!!

It all started last Tuesday, when I made this fall-like beauty that I am so proud of:

After my final cake decorating class I went home and took down all of my Thanksgiving decorations. I know, I know, Thanksgiving was on Thursday...but I had to! I knew I would be gone until Sunday, and I was excited to decorate for Christmas...and I didn't want any Thanksgiving decorations in my way to waste my time...

Wednesday I drove with the parentals to the cabin for a few days of peace, relaxation, and Thanksgiving goodness. Much needed after the week I had just been a part of. There was a whole lot of ATV riding, Zigity playing, football watching, eating and other pleasant things going on.

Thanksgiving day was fantastic! Turkey cooked in the pit, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, rolls, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie and/or pumpkin cheesecake, a glass of bubbly (aka Martinelli's sparkling cider)...mmm mmm good!!! Perhaps my favorite part of the day was hearing my nephew, Luke, list the things he was thankful for. Here is his list:

1. Adam & Eve: "Because without them," he says, "none of us would be here." Good point, kiddo!
2. Family
3. Kurt Warner
4. Tim Hightower
5. Beanie Wells
6. Larry Fitzgerald

That's my boy! Football players are who I am most thankful for too! I mean, who doesn't love a man in uniform??!! Which leads me into my next topic...

I have to mention my absolute favorite part of the weekend with you because I can. I think I earned the right to trash talk. I am pretty sure a few of you already know what I am talking about, but for those of you who don't...I am referring to college football rivalry week. More importantly, I am talking about the BYU vs Utah game. I have been going to BYU games since I was a wee babe. Not a lie. And I LOVE BYU FOOTBALL!!! Sadly, the majority of my friends do not. And they let me know it. I love this time of year because I can send text messages back and forth to my friends in Utah while the game is being played and it just makes the game that much more fun. So to my Utah fan friends, I want you to know that I still love you. But my team won! And really, that is what's important...

SIT DOWN!!!

So that was pretty much my Thanksgiving weekend. It was phenomenal. Well, maybe not that great...because I did end up getting a cold while I was there. But I am starting to feel better now. When I got home on Sunday I put up the majority of my Christmas decorations. I have slowly been putting ornaments on my tree and adding the finishing touches the last few days. There is just something about sitting on the couch in your home, with nothing but the Christmas tree lights on, wrapped in a blanket, and sipping on some hot chocolate that is just magical.

This IS the most wonderful time of the year!

5 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Oh I sat down alright! I was oh so sad that my utes didn't win but I guess we will give it to you this year!!! I love that we are always against each other when it comes to our football teams. It makes watching football so much more fun for me! Can't wait to see you next week.

tiare said...

GO COUGS!
p.s. AWESOME job on the cake!

jessi said...

Loved your cake!!! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Emily said...

fantabulous cake! Seriuosly, you'll have to cater my next party.... um i'll have to get back to you on the date. YEAH COUGARS! My kate even knows the fight song! We love cougars over here. I am bleeding blue with you baby, all the way!

Marianne and Matt said...

Happy for you in EVERY WAY...love the cake, glad you had a great thanksgiving, glad you are enjoying the Christmas season, and SO glad I get to see you soon. However, when it comes to your precious BYU.....I can't find it in my heart to be happy for you, sorry:)