Wednesday, September 29, 2010

don't worry

The other day I got something exciting at work. The mailman delivered this little package to me:

I mean, obviously it's for me. The name is close enough right? I am not sure who this company is or how they got my name, but I get a few random pieces of mail with my name spelled this way on ocassion. It always seems to make me smile. But this time was especially exciting because this is what I found in the package:
Bwahahahahaha! I nearly died when I saw this little gem in the package. What is this gem you might ask? Well, here is a little sampling of the letter that came with the gem:
Yep, they offered me some free tech support and I did not respond. They were sure that I would be worried, so they sent me this cute little worry doll to help ease the anxiety. I mean just look at her! What is there to worry about when you look at a face this comforting?
Well, since the workplace has been a little chaotic and/or stressful lately, this little worry doll was just what I needed. So I added her to my workspace. Here's the fun part. Let's play "Where's Worry Doll?"
Do you see her in all the clutter??
Need a hint??
How 'bout a closer look:
Ah! There she is! Such a beauty! And such a wonderful addition to my work space.
I know you are jealous...

5 comments:

Amy Piller said...

LOL

Lindsey and Zach said...

I think having that thing around my house would make me worry more, she looks like she has some built up stress behinsd those eyes of hers and she might just magically come to life and start causing havick!!!I don't know Layns I would BEWARE---it is after all almost HALLOWEEN!

Cara said...

Oh I am SOOOO yealous!!!! I want one too know! I currently have Octo and Pig that keep my company at my workspace...maybe Octo (an Octopus) and go on a date with your worry doll!!!!

Mrs. JM said...

that's a great worry doll. kind of like a dammit doll. i love the new way you're spelling your name ms hoobrook.

Kevin said...

If their tech-support is anything like their name-verification, you probably weren't missing out...