Tuesday, August 16, 2011

the week i decided to start curling my hair again

I apologize that my blog posts are so depressing lately! I really am not wallowing away in self pity. Sure, I have my days, but for the most part I am happy. I have a job, a car, a house, an amazing family, fantastic friends and a craft room. What more could I need?!

I have had to make quite a few decisions lately, some bigger than others, but every one important. However, the best decision I made this morning (dare I say this week) was to curl my hair. Strange, maybe?

You see, I have kind of been lazy lately. Ok, so maybe "kind of" is an understatement. It takes every bit of energy that I have to get out of bed in the morning just to get to work on time. And my hair suffers because of it. Sure, I curl my hair and look good for church on Sunday, but there's just something about the other 6 days that makes me feel less than thrilled to do my hair.

Then I hung out with some friends after FHE a couple of weeks ago and got inspired to try some new things with my hair. There is this girl in my Branch that I just adore, and she always looks so cute and tries new things with her hair. She is going through a vintage phase right now, and she offered to do my hair for me:
Isn't it cute?!

My work is putting on a huge event next week and the theme of the event is "Worth Remembering" with a retro/vintage type feel to it. I was so inspired by my vintage hair style above that I decided to learn about some more hair styles I could do for the event. I love YouTube! So this last weekend I tested my chosen hair style. The picture is extremely grainy and blurry, but you get the idea (please, ignore my gnarly looking hands):

What do you think?? Do you love it? I know I do! In fact, I spent the day wearing high heels and doing housework just to embrace the style even more.


Who knew that one simple hair style would completely transform my week? I curled my hair yesterday for work, and today I looked in the mirror and told myself to stop being lazy.

{best. decision. today.}

7 comments:

jessi said...

I hear ya on the hair one day a week, and the other days not so "hair curled days." Though I have found when I do my hair and makeup cute~even though I have no place to go~ I feel sooooo much better! Snaps to you for trying new things!
ps love the vintage hair

Amy Piller said...

So cute, you look great in that style hair!!!!

Lindsey and Zach said...

keep it up...I want to see more Vintage Alayna, or Retro Alayna, whatever it be, keep sharing.

Kevin said...

I like it.

wendyberd said...

i love it! keep up the good work - you are a total babe!

Unknown said...

hi :) ,your blog and pictures are so beautiful
i hope you can visit me at:http://photostricks.blogspot.com

Marianne and Matt said...

lovin' it. Wish I had internet so I could always keep up on your blog!