Thursday, October 13, 2011

in love

On Sunday my nephew turned 5. When trying to decide what to get him for his birthday, my brother (knowing that I am strapped for cash) suggested that my nephew would be thrilled to get a box of candy. So I went with it. But, being the ridiculous person that I am, could not fathom just giving him a box of candy. So I took the liberty to decorate the boxes of candy. I chose a football theme because I had already purchased a mini football for him before my brother suggested candy. Aren't they cute??

On his actual birthday my mother and I went over to his house for cake and ice-cream. I was so in love with him that day because he was so adorable! He loved the candy and loved putting the homemade boxes on his hands as well. We started playing chess together, well Jake's version of chess, and then he started playing some games on his mother's iPhone. It was comical because Jake wanted me to watch everything he was doing, so he would get right next to me. And then Ty, his brother, wanted to watch too so he would sit right next to Jake. I would ocassionally scoot over, and within seconds Jake would be moving to get closer to me. I tried to capture a moment of the boys just to show how cute they looked right next to each other, but my flash came on so this is what I got:


I love those kids! Later on that night Jake dumped out all of his candy and we sorted it by color. I asked him if I could have a red Skittle because they are my favorite, and he said I could. As my mother and I were getting ready to leave Jake said, "I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay and play with me." That boy definitely knows how to tug at my heart strings! I wanted to just hug him and take him home with me. However, we did have to leave and he seemed ok with it. After he hugged me goodbye and as I was turning to walk out I felt a little tap on my leg. I turned around to see Jake, holding one red Skittle with his hand outstretched to give it to me.


{love}

2 comments:

Cara said...

Oh chess....love that game.
jokes jokes

Ok aren't nieces and nephews the best?? And your craftiness slays me. I love everything you do!

Amy Piller said...

That is so cute!!!!!! No one ever wants Lanz to go!