Friday, January 22, 2010

i love a rainy day!

Let's face it...Arizona is a desert, and it doesn't rain much here. So when it does rain, people freak out a bit. I'm sure you've heard about the massive rainfall hitting the west coast and the mudslides in California. Well, we are getting their storm system now and it's quite fun. I LOVE THE RAIN!! I just hate Arizona drivers mixed with the rain...

Yesterday we had a pretty wicked storm. The airport was closed due to high winds and torrential rainfall. There were even two tornado warnings issued...one of which was issued for Mesa (where I live). But honestly, things like that thrill me. I remember one summer when I was in Nauvoo there was a tornado that touched down in the town. It was slightly freaky, but exhilarating at the same time. Of course if I had actually seen the tornado or suffered because of it, I am sure my feelings would be different. So yesterday was pretty fun for me. However, a wee bit of damage occurred at my house because of the storm. I give you the before (taken about 3 years ago...before the HOA decided to rip out my grass and when the landscapers actually did a good job of trimming the bushes...I'm not bitter):
...and the after (sorry about the poor camera phone quality):

Oh! My poor little tree. So fallen over. So sad. I can't wait to see if the HOA does anything about it or if my tree will stay in it's fallen state for a while...
So there you have it folks. Horrific right? Yeah, that's what I thought. It's just rain and wind. Not the end of the world. But perhaps the end of my tree.
{Have a great day and stay dry}

5 comments:

Emily said...

So I watched the Proposal off your recommedation, Loved it! Thanks. Also, sad little tree. but I have to admit, I love those things as well.

Marianne and Matt said...

Poor little tree:( Ya, I loved that movie too...pretty hilarious!

Amy Piller said...

Sad Tree! I miss you really bad right now:(

Katy Wilson said...

I feel sad for you tree...but I feel more sad for my car...which has decided to leak water through the roof somewhere...the passenger side of my car is soaked!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Glad you were not near it when it fell(eeeeekkk) that would of hurt a little.