Monday, June 28, 2010

so embarrassing

Yesterday I did something that only I could do. I am just prone to embarrass myself and yesterday was just about as humiliating as could be. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

So I am at church, like a good girl, just trying to find something to do with myself between choir practice and sacrament meeting. I am wearing a dress that has an undershirt underneath it and I felt myself coming untucked. So I went into the bathroom, tucked in my shirt and then walked out of the bathroom. Yep, I should have made sure all was well before leaving the bathroom, but I didn't. So I get one foot out of the bathroom and begin adjusting my dress...only to discover that the back of my dress was tucked into my garments and my behind was showing to the world. I panicked! I quickly pulled out my dress and turned around, beet red, to see who happened to be in the hall seeing such a sight. I turned around to see a few jaws on the floor...but luckily it was no one that I recognized and/or no one from my branch. Whew! But embarrassing nonetheless...

So if you happened to be in the Skyline Stake Center yesterday around 10am...I apologize. I am just grateful I noticed when I did! It does, however, make me wonder how far I could have gotten before someone said something? Interesting thought indeed...

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I have totally done that too! Luckily I didn't make it out of the bathroom, so only a few ladies at the sinks saw. It's very easy to get your skirt tucked in those things...VERY EASY!

jessi said...

Thats funny. Something I would do :)

Lindsey and Zach said...

Oh I have heard of that happening allot, so I am so paranoid of it happening to me, I always check the back of myself in the mirror or turn and look to make sure before I walk out. I had a very embarrasing thing happen to me just the day before on Saturday that I will have to tell you about!

Kevin said...

Do you mean to say that the part of your dress nearest to the floor was tucked into your waistline?

Sorry, I just had a hard time picturing it.

Alayna said...

Pretty much. My dress went a little below my knee and was indeed tucked into my waistline. Yep...I am a dork!

tiare said...

I have not experienced this yet, which could only mean I'm due and that it will most certainly occur more than once!!!
Thanks for being brave and sharing this little gem.... ;)

Amy Piller said...

LOL, that is funny!

Mrs. JM said...

oh no! totally hilarious, sorry. when i was ridiculously pregnant with my first baby jake and i were eating lunch at gardner village and i came out of the bathroom with a stream of wet toilet paper out the back of my pants. yes, used toilet paper. you see, i did my business but the use of toilet paper is a little tricky when you have a person in your belly and can't reach around properly so i *thought* i dropped it in okay when done but somehow it got caught up. jake was MORTIFIED when i walked away from him with TP flowing gloriously behind me. lol ...

we all have our moments.