Friday, June 18, 2010

Summertime

It's official. Summertime has begun. The wretched heat has reared it's ugly head. But, in a strange sort of way I love summer in AZ. I love it because people are out of school and looking for an excuse to throw a party. And who doesn't love a party?!


Well, last weekend was my first official summer party...a pool party/BBQ with friends from the Branch. Good times, good times. Some people chose to swim, some did not. I chose to opt out from the swimming thing and spare everyone the grief of having to see me in a swimming suit. But it was still fun to stick my feet in the pool and watch everyone else. Here are some pics from the fun:

Danny and Triciacutest Dajathe swimming crew (but my fave part of the picture is Stewart carrying Tony in the pool because apparently he can't swim)me and my pal Jordan, just chillaxin' with our feet in the pool

The swimming was fun, the BBQ was good, but the best part involved my best bud Daja and her boy friend (not boyfriend) Tony. You see, this party took place the day before Daja's birthday. Tony found out it was her birthday the next day and decided that he wanted to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. However, he did not sing the traditional "Happy Birthday" song...he made up a birthday song on the spot. It was interesting to say the least. He sang about her beautiful face and all sorts of other things. She was just as embarassed as the rest of us were. Wow. It was fun. Here he is posing with the birthday girl:

So.much.fun.

Tune in later for another summer party update...my party!

2 comments:

tiare said...

you should be a party planner. i ALWAYS want to go to your parties!!!!

Lindsey and Zach said...

I expect you to have all the great ideas for a SMASHIN baby shower for Amy. Tiance is right, you should be a party planner, or better yet come here and throw some parties for me to come to, I know I am not near as fun as your AZ friends, but I do have multiple personalities enough to make up for all the people! Can't wait to see ya soon!