Thursday, August 20, 2009

a bunch of P.S.

Today I feel: partly cloudy with a chance of rain

P.S. I tried both the Fuji and Golden Delicious apples and this is my report: The Fuji apple was good. I liked it better than the Gala apple, but there was nothing spectacular about it. It tasted a lot like a Red Delicious apple. I did not get as excited as the lady at the store, but I think I would buy one again. On the other hand, the Golden Delicious apple was SUPER SOUR!! Wow! It was a party in my mouth, but I am not sure that it was my favorite party. I am not really a huge fan of sour things or candy for that matter, so when I felt like I had eaten a gallon of candy after just one bite...it was interesting. However, that is not to say that I didn't like it. I may possibly eat another one in my lifetime, but given the fact that it took me nearly two hours to eat just one apple, it may be a while before I experience it again. Not bad though. So this is my conclusion: All apples are created equal. I don't favor one brand over another and there is definitely not any brand I can't live without. So when I go to the store to purchase apples from now on, I will probably just choose the variety that happens to be on sale...

P.S.S. This has not been my favorite week. Work has been crazy and the personal life has been just as crazy...

P.S.S.S. My friend Sarah got engaged last night! I am happy for her, but sad for me. One less friend in my already dwindling friend stash...

P.S.S.S.S. He's gone :(

5 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

I am sorry I haven't been a more avid commenter on your search for the perfect apple. But, I would be no help because the only apple I will eat (at least in a fresh way, not baked in a pie or dehydrated) is a grannie smith!! tart and sour!

Marianne and Matt said...

WOW!! I am behind on your blog! I sure have missed it!! I just love you to death!

Emily said...

Yeah, also add in the crisp and firmness to choose an apple. Truthfully, I don't particularly like them much either, but I still just look between fuji and gala, the red delicious always seem to be mushy! I don't like that.

ps you rock!

Kevin said...

Hmmm, I've never had a sour GD apple before. But, I'm glad you're apple experiment was fruitful.

JA said...

I'm alllll about the gala... mmmm