Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween...a li'l late

Halloween this year was pretty fun. Or I should say, the day before Halloween this year was pretty fun. Because Halloween landed on a Saturday this year, we celebrated on Friday at work. I woke up extra early just to do my hair to look baby-like (meaning short):

What can I say, I really like taking pictures of myself when my hair is super curly. And sadly, I get ready with a tank top on, so I look naked-ish...sorry! Unfortunately, my hair never quite does what I hope it will, so the cute curly flocks you see above did not quite look so cute by the time I got to work. The bangs just would not cooperate {which you will see later}. As I posted previously, I dressed up as a big cry baby for work. My co-workers really loved the costume, but I pretty much felt like a freak all day. And trying to actually work was a chore. It's days like that where you just want to play and have fun...not work. We did have a little pot luck lunch, but that was the extent of our party.

Flash forward to later that evening. My pals and I had decided a while ago that a Halloween party would be a good idea. Sandy would provide the decorations, Tricia would provide the food and I would provide the entertainment. I was very happy with that arrangement and have decided that I really do like planning parties. I had such a good time coming up with ideas of games to play at the party, and also came up with super cheap ways to play those games. But before we get to that, take a look at the amazing food spread we had:
Tricia just might be a little insane...

And, of course, the decorations were amazing. There were some great tombstones lining the walls with the most unusual writings on them. Here are some of our friends from the party:
We had a smaller turn out that I would have liked, but it still turned out pretty fun. Here we are playing muscial tombstones {sorry again about the quality of photos...my camera has not been cooperating}:
And...my favorite picture of the night: Andy and Mike fighting to get their foot on the tombstone:
We also had a skeleton building race:
...played Boo Bingo:
...and, of course, pin the mouth on the mummy:
However, the real excitement of the night was the photo booth set up in the front room! If you have never had a photo booth at your party, you don't know what you are missing {or you just don't have the right connections}:
Here are a few of my favorite shots of me and my friends in the photo booth:
Me and Jenna puckering up
Me and Stephanie wondering if this party can get any better
Me wanting to take a bite out of Stephanie and Tricia's faces
Me and my roomie showing our jazz hands

And me, sad because my hair sucks and my bangs suck even more.

There were several other pictures taken that warranted posting, but I don't have access to them and don't really feel like scanning them in. Can you say lazy?? It was a fun party and I am so grateful to have such amazing friends in my life right now. You guys are AWESOME!!! Thanks for an extra happy Halloween!

3 comments:

jessi said...

I thought your hair and bangs looked great!!! I wish I could come to your fun parties!!!

Amy Piller said...

You always do the funnest stuff. I miss you more and more everytime you post!

Marianne and Matt said...

oh my goodness...sooo fun. You look awesome!!