Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween part I

I had a pretty crazy Halloween this year. Three Halloween parties and 2 different costumes. The first party was our Branch Halloween party put on by our awesome activities committee (aka me and some friends). We had a cake walk, a costume fashion show (with awards), a photo op, played the eat-a-donut-hanging-from-a-string game and, of course, socialized. There were some great costumes. Below are some pics of the fabulous night:

me (a ridiculous looking penguin), Cara (the whoopie cushion) and Daja (a banana). If you can't tell, Daja and I are trying to squeeze the Whoopie cushion

Daja and Parker (the cowboy)

Cara and Tony (the gangsta...in real life AND at the party)

Me and Justin a.k.a. Big Whopper (to be quite honest, I am not sure what he was dressed up as)

Our new friend we lovingly refer to as "New Kid" (mostly because none of us really remember his name) as the escaped convict

THE PHOTO OP:


The missionaries that we all love so much! It wasn't until I uploaded these photos that I actually noticed that the mish on the left is wearing one shoe and one sandal


The fantastic Harry Potter crew: Tawnya (Luna Lovegood?), Levi (Hagrid), Andy (Harry Potter), Michael (Draco Malfoy) and Tommy & Kara (the Weasley's)

The Pep Boys: Jay, Mark & Glenn

Cara & Justin in the other cool photo op


I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!


THE AFTERPARTY:


After Family Home Evening every Monday the girls and I have what we like to call "Monday Night Madness." It usually consists of us going to someone's house to play games and get a little crazy. This night we decided to play...wait, I don't think we played anything. We just chatted in our Halloween costumes. Anywho, Mark won a cake from the cake walk and decided it would be best to stick it in his face than to eat it. I think the pics tell the story pretty well:

It was pretty fun to watch, I'm not gonna lie. But I felt bad because Mark decided a little later that he wanted Andrew to enjoy the cake in his face as much as he did. Andrew wasn't expecting it...and to make it worse, was on a diet. Poor kid.

But all in all, it was a successful party and a fantastic night with friends. I love my Branch and I love Halloween!

5 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

before i read the caption...i thought the guy who was dressed as hagrid was actaullly as guy dressing like a really big Jesus...

Lindsey and Zach said...

what was you other costume... I thought you said you had 2?

Saije Wright said...

BAhaha oh how I LOVE your penguin get up. Seriously it makes me laugh every time I see it. oh & right when your music started playing on your blog, my head totally started to bob. Like, I can't stop. You are freaking awesome. & I love your blog!! =)

jessi said...

so fun!

Cara said...

That was such an epic night! I think my favorite part was the cake being smashed in Andrew's face!!!! Too bad I didn't get that on camera!