Thursday, May 5, 2011

eat dessert first

Well, since my computer won't let me download the pictures for my main course post, we will just skip right to the fun stuff. This is really the only thing I cared to blog about anyway...

Ladies and Gentlemen, eat dessert first!

This post is dedicated to my adorable friend, Cara Fun Kleiner...who just got married. Yes, I am slightly jealous, but couldn't be more happy for her! She is a great gal and deserves all the best!

The festivities began a week before the wedding with a bachelorette party. Let's just say, some of the pictures are a little embarrassing and/or inappropriate...so I will just tease you with this one: Right! We are good girls. The night was great! We had a yummy dinner at Oreganos and then went back to a house to open gifts. We did get a "special delivery" from the guy pictured above in the midst of our gift opening. No, he was not a professional, and the dance only lasted about one minute...but it was a joyous minute full of blushing and laughter! After our guest excused himself, we popped in a video to learn a couple of dance routines. Enough about that...

The night before the wedding we had a little dinner with close friends and family to celebrate the happy couple. Here we are with Cara on her last night as a single woman:
And then the blessed day arrived. Cara and Justin were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mesa LDS Temple on Friday, April 29th, 2011. It was such a special day for them...and for me! It was the first time I have actually been to a temple wedding and I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to be there. I bawled, of course...but then again, so did everyone else. Happy tears for sure! Speaking of happy, look how happy they are when they walked out of the temple:

Yay!!!!


The reception that night was beautiful! I know this picture doesn't do it justice, but look how cute everything was: The happy couple greeted guests while we ate a delicious spread of food and sipped down on some Jones Soda. The cake cutting was memorable. I have never seen one this vicious before:
After the cake cutting we danced our little hearts out. I have never had so much fun dancing at a wedding in my life! And then the bouquet and garter were tossed. I was the lucky girl to catch the bouquet. Woohoo! This is a first for me. Usually I just stand back and let someone else catch it. I mean, it's usually pretty embarrassing standing in the crowd of single ladies anyway. But this time, I was going to be aggressive and throw elbows if needed. I am not getting any younger, and they say that the girl who catches the bouquet gets married next. Well guess what? I'm getting married! Sure, I haven't met the man yet, but it is my new quest. Yay for me!

I kick myself that we didn't take any photos of our group with the bride, but here is a fantastic group shot, including the prized bouquet:


Emily, Gabi, myself, Jay Frederick, Andrew and Daja


{I love love}

5 comments:

Amy Piller said...

You look so cute in that last picture, love it. Sounds like you are having all kinds of fun and good times without me, how dare you! LOL

Cara said...

That is one of my major regrets...not getting pictures with you gals. Makes me so sad.
I loved this blog post though! It's hard to believe that it hasn't even been a week yet!!! I wuv you Alaynie!!!

Miss Amanda said...

Alayna, I am happy that you are getting married next!!! You go girl!!! The guys are crazy to not date you, you are so fun and amazing! So, I was in Mesa last weekend, my G-pa got remarried. I know you live in the area, but not exactly sure where. Next time I am there, we need to get together. I have already been to Mesa twice this year, and there will be more to come. Enjoy the lovely weather!

jessi said...

you naughty girls!!! ha ha that pic was funny. You look beautiful!!!!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Hey I caught the bouquet at Marianne's wedding, and I was the one to get married next after that....so watch out it's going to happen! You are lookin so cute BTW