Monday, June 13, 2011

a little of this...

Last week the friends and I celebrated Daja's 21st birthday. Ahh...to be 21 again! We met some friends at the ever delicious Red Robin where our waitress brought out this awesome balloon headpiece for Daja to wear while we all embarrassed her through song.
After we were all nice and bloated, we decided to take a little swim in my community pool.Haha. I joke, I joke. That was just when we were playing our new favorite pool game: Dead Kids. It's a lot of fun...you should try it.

After swimming we headed back to my place for a little present opening (actually, this took place before swimming. Technicalities). I got Daja a man for her birthday, wearing a specialty made "I LOVE DAJA" shirt:And then, of course, we had cake. My first ever attempt at making an ice cream cake (two chocolate cakes with mint ice cream in the middle, frosted in whipped cream). I think it turned out pretty cute:The cake itself was a little disappointing. Everyone was a little anxious to get the cake cut that the 10 minute unthawing time was ignored...resulting in frozen cake (which is really dry when consumed). I had another piece of the cake a few days later and let the cake unthaw. It was much better. Just in case anyone ever plans on making a cake like this in the future...

Now, fast forward to yesterday. Sparing details, I had the world's worst day at work. I loathed every minute of it and was extra cranky. That 5:00 whistle could not blow quick enough. I was so relieved when it was time to leave because I got in my car and headed straight to Rod Works Arizona!! The second I saw the sign on the store, my heart leaped in my chest and I automatically felt better. I drooled all the way through the store...and actually broke down and bought something. Shame on me, I know. But it is too hard to resist.

After my happy moment in Rod Works I headed to the park for Family Home Evening. We had a BBQ followed by our annual jello fight. Can I just tell you that there is something extremely therapeutic about throwing jello at people? It is such a great experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone! We were sticky messes after the fight:And even after washing off my face, I got home and realized I still had jello in my ears:
Yummy! Hold yourselves back boys, hold yourselves back!

Next event to look forward to? My birthday vacation celebration in San Antonio, TX!


{Woohoo}

2 comments:

Cara said...

I WISH i was there for that activity! Darn it! And I'm making a trip to that little store you love so much this weekend and I can hardly stand it! Have fun this weekend!

jessi said...

So fun! I miss good old days when I could go be carefree and throw jello and do fun stuff :)