Thursday, June 30, 2011

my BIG day

When my parents first suggested we go to San Antonio, or more importantly Sea World, for my birthday, I will admit I wasn't sold on the idea. Sea World is not something you associate single 30 year olds with. Sure, plenty of 30 year olds were there with their children...but that is not me. Obvi. But when all was said and done, I can't think of a more exciting place to spend my big day. Thanks mom & dad!


I had my dad take this picture of me outside the park. I thought it was awesome because all the parents were taking pictures of their kids in front of the whales. I was just a little bit older than those kids. Embarrassing? Sure. But I really didn't care. I was just excited to be there and wanted to document all that I could.Once inside the park, we saw some great shows:


(please don't kill me for posting this pic...it's just too good not to share)


went on some crazy, wet rides:


visited some friendly animals:

took some interesting pictures:

and ate a ton of food:

side note: the above picture is of a cute killer whale shaped bowl containing sugar cookies. My dad bought an unlimted food pass at the park and would just get food for my mom and I during the day (shh...don't tell). When I first saw the whale bowl I fell in love. Before the day was through, I had a complete set of 4 whale souvenir bowls. What a great birthday present! Thanks Dad!


At the end of the day we were all tuckered out. The heat and humidity turned us into human faucets, dripping sweat on a regular basis. Thank heavens for water rides to cool us down! It was a great day. I got some fun stuff and had so much fun celebrating with my parents and some of my other relatives {aka the whales}.

{Happy Birthday to me}

4 comments:

Cara said...

Sea World is so cool and I love that you have commemorative bowls and I love that Mommy Marla and you look so much alike!!!

wendyberd said...

happy birthday!!! i've been waiting to see your post about your big day - i heard Amy had come to surprise you and i wanted to hear the story. so glad you've joined the 30's club - way to be woman!!! i hope you had a great birthday and have fun this year - what's the saying, "30, flirty and fun?" LIVE IT UP!

jessi said...

Fun! I love sea world!!!

Amy Piller said...

Glad you had such a good day! I thought about you all that day. I say we really do plan a get away to visit Staci in San Fran. She said she has a "Go Live" in Sept. which means she has to stay there over the weekend.