Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wii-kend

What a fun weekend I had. It's not very often that I have something to do on both Friday and Saturday nights (sad, huh?). So here is the low down:

Friday night my girls and I went latin dancing. A friend of mine at work invited me to go, so I invited my friends to join me. It was just like any other church dance, where the girls just stand next to the wall and then the guys do the same. Not much dancing going on... But, there were a lot of Latinos there, so I knew it would not be too long before one of us got asked to dance (if you've ever been to a dance with latinos, you will understand...they like those American girls). I got approached by a short little guy wearing a white cowboy hat, cowboy boots and a backpack. He was a little scary, but I accepted his invitation. Let me just tell you, I thought all latinos could dance, but this guy was definitely the exception to the rule! After a few minutes of me just standing there laughing while he danced around me, he took me back to my seat. Later on at the dance he approached me while I was at the drinking fountain and told me how beautiful I was and asked me to be his girlfriend. NO THANKS! To make a long story short, my friend that we went to the dance with has this guy friend who I think is quite attractive. Anywho, we have been intending to go out on a date for quite a while now, but it never seems to work out. He showed up at the dance and we danced a few songs together. Good times...

Then Saturday night was a singles activity for my stake and a few other stakes. We had a bbq at a park, followed by a fun filled evening of volleyball and other games. Not so much my favorite activity. As you notice in my pictures below, we kind of had to make our own fun at this activity by playing on the swing set with the smaller children...

Following the singles activity, Ashlie had this brilliant idea to be SPONTANEOUS. Usually on a Friday or Saturday night my friends end up at my house for a rip roaring game of Mario Party on the roomie's game cube. So, just to be SPONTANEOUS we decided to drive to my brother's house for a rip roaring game of all things Wii. How is that for different than normal? By the way, I am in love with Wii and WANT ONE SO BAD!! You know, my birthday is coming up... {hint, hint} It was loads of fun and I am so glad that my bro was nice enough to let us come over and stay there until midnight.

So that was my weekend. How was yours?


2 comments:

Marianne and Matt said...

you look so cute!! I love the pic's. Sounds like a fun wii-kend. Matt and I really want a wii also. He keeps saving up all of his birthday money for one, meanwhile we are going into major debt for school, so I guess you can see where are priorities are!!

Amy Piller said...

Wow, you are looking so good! I am jealous! I love the Wii too, we are going over to Scott's tonight to play. Grant's loves the guitar hero, I suck but its still tons of fun:)