Monday, April 21, 2008

I am an elephant

Yes...it's true. I am actually riding an elephant in this picture. Why do I include this picture you ask? Well, lately (and more importantly today)

I FEEL LIKE AN ELEPHANT!!!

Can someone please explain to me why it is so hard to lose weight? Can someone please tell me why it is so hard to diet??? I am struggling!!!
I know I need to look at my accomplishments to see how far I have come, but then I see how far I have left to go and it's really quite {depressing}. Anyone have any ideas on how to get (and stay) motivated?? Do share!
Ok, I promise my blogs will be more upbeat from now on. In fact, I am looking forward to this blogging thing. It's a great opportunity to reflect on life and an inspiration to take more pictures!
{happy monday}




7 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

FINALLY!! I'm glad you have a blog! I'm in the same boat as you though when it comes to dieting! It is a killer! I've been doing weight watchers, which worked good for me before I had my daughter, I'm not having so much luck now though...humm...it could be all the chocolate chip cookies I keep baking, and EATING!!!

Marianne and Matt said...

First off you NEED to explain the picture of you on an elephant...how in the world,where are you, is it real? And about dieting I feel your pain I still have baby weight to lose and it is really HARD. My babies poke my belly and laugh cause they think the jiggling is funny, I on the other hand don't. Anyways, I guess the weight thing is a life long battle:(

Emily said...

Alayna, you also have to totally celebrate how far you have come and recognize the life-style change you have made. I am so proud of you. I marvel at how dedicated you have become. I am there with Marianne, where on earth did you get to ride an elephant. That is awesome! I always loved elephants. Keep blogging, it is fun to see you.

Natalie said...

welcome to the blogging world! it's about time :) you look great!!!

Miss Amanda said...

Alayna! It is SO good to hear from you, and bytheway...you look GREAT! As beautiful as ever! I love your blog...it is tons cuter than mine. Go and check it out.
www.amandaslade.blogspot.com
Love ya,
Amanda

Natalie said...

p.s. change the "hopelessly" in your blog title to "energetically"!! can't wait to see you soon :)

Natalie said...

Not many can say they have been on an elephant! Curt must be feeling left out. You are looking good. I will see you in a few weeks. Since Natalie already voted on the marriage question I won't change it but my vote would be I hope so so that you can get a new color scheme in your life. Ha Ha.