Tuesday, April 22, 2008

just a side note

So, a couple of you asked me about the elephant riding picture. Yes, it's true...I rode an elephant! A couple of weeks ago my friends and I went to the Renaissance Festival in town. The first thing I noticed on the map of the festival was an elephant ride. I was determined to do it! My roommate thought I was crazy and told me that I would smell like elephant all day...but that didn't stop me. My parents rode an elephant when they were in Thailand picking up my bro from his mission, and I was jealous then. So I could not let the opportunity pass me by. Before the day of fun at the Renaissance festival was over, I convinced my friend Janalee to take the ride with me.

Besides, who can say they've ever ridden an elephant before??

3 comments:

Emily said...

I touched an elephant a couple years ago.. I thought that was pretty cool. I was with Jordan, he was almost 2. I showed him the picture, he still didn't believe me. Hopefully someday I will get to sit on one, Ode De Elephant here I come!

Marianne and Matt said...

That's crazy!! But looks fun. About your diet motivation. I was all excited while reading it thinking I would do it with you, but then when you decided NO cookies for 21 days I decided that's not for me. Maybe I'll do it with you but I'll have one goody a week....does that count?

wendyberd said...

i LOVE your blog and i'm going to check it everyday!!!