Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Drag Queens and D-Backs

About one week ago my co-worker had to go out of town, but she had some tickets already reserved at the Hale Centre Theatre for a play called "Charley's Aunt." Guess who the lucky recipient of the free tickets was? That's right...ME!! I debated in my mind who I should go with. I called my mom and she pretty much told me that she didn't want to go (just kidding, she had some other engagements that she felt were more important than spending quality time with her daughter). Then I thought about inviting Sarah since we are pretty much inseparable these days. I kind of wondered if she would think I was weird for wanting to invite her to a play, but asking a boy was definitely out of the question. To make this already long story short, I invited Sarah and we had a great time. However, we were about 30-40 years younger than the majority of the audience. Here is the proof:
The lady in the middle of the pic with the hat was my fave! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against senior citizens...we were just feeling a little out of place. And here is the proof:
Dang sexy right? No wonder I can't get a date...

The premise of the play is about these two boys who want to marry these two girls, but they must get approval to marry the girls beforehand. One of the boys has a millionaire aunt coming into town, but some complications arise and she is delayed. Forget the explanation. There is a guy dressed in drag and that is really all you need to know. It was a good time had by all.

A couple of days later I had the privilege of attending a Diamondbacks game. I am not at all a fan of baseball, but I admit I had a good time (probably because the boy to girl ratio was stellar). Believe me, seeing the game in person is much better than seeing the game on tv. Here are a few pics from the blessed event:

self-explanatory
our view from the nose bleeds
me and Sarah...a little more flattering (holy cow! I just noticed that it looks like the guy behind me isn't wearing any pants. I am pretty sure he was...' cause I think I would have noticed if he wasn't...)
Sarah and the 4 punk boys we went with (who ducked just in time for the picture)
my sorry attempt to zoom in really close on the action
my new favorite Diamondback...Justin Upton
And this is why he is my favorite:

I got a bobblehead! I know you are all jealous! Hey, I don't mind paying $6 to see a game and get a free souvenir! Here's to hoping the boys invite us along to more D-Backs games!

By the way, we lost.

5 comments:

Miss Amanda said...

Alayna...don't forget to invite me along. Especially if they don't make guys wear pants. I laughed so hard at that picture! I love the photos you take!!!

Marianne and Matt said...

The naked guys picture is the best! You are always having so much fun. A way more exciting life than mine...that's for sure:)

Kevin said...

Being out of place at a public event is cool. One time I went to a Fireside that artist Liz Lemon Swindle was speaking at. It was fun but whoever announced it to me forgot to mention that it was for women. Yeah. Good times.

P.s. - If you asked me to go to a play with you, while wearing that facial expression, I'd totally go.

Amy Piller said...

Love it, expecially the naked guy photo! So are you going to be around say June 1-7th?

Amy Piller said...

Hey what is the guy on the far ends name in that picture? He looks like someone I know well knew, lol.