Friday, May 8, 2009

Fiesta Fun

So I have been a little busy since my party and haven't posted about it yet. In fact, I just barely cleaned up the mess this morning. However, I must say that I chalk this one up to the most successful party I have had to date. I believe we had about 17 people in attendance and I also believe that people enjoyed themselves. Maybe the party wasn't as outrageous as I had anticipated, but it was still a good time. We had some awesome decorations, great Mexican food and even a separate room (thanks to the fact that I am roommate-less) for photos and treats. Here are some pics from the event (I must warn you that the pictures did not turn out that great, so very few a being posted. And besides, I didn't really take that many pictures...):

DECORATIONS (streamers, Mexican flag banners, Fiesta cut-outs depicting all things Cinco de Mayo, and even cut outs of actual Mexican folk graced our presence):



THE FOOD (tacos, tostadas, taco bites, beans and rice, chips and salsa and even non-alcoholic beverages served in colorful Martini glasses):
THE PINATA (sadly, after just one hit to the authentic, colorful donkey pinata his little attachment device {not sure what you call that thing} fell off, so we had to hang him by his ear. Shortly thereafter he was decapitated. Rough day for the cute little thing...):
Mmm...real Mexican candy...complete with spicy hot tamarindo. YUM!!!
SOME MORE OF THE FUN (including people segregating themselves to play silly named card games {namely Sarah, Kenny and Danny} followed by a crazy {sometimes dirty} rendition of Catch Phrase):

AND FINALLY, THE PHOTO OP (two chairs in front of plastic Mexican dancers and singers with one sombrero...this is bound to be fun right? Throw down a couple of non-alcholic drinks and this is what you get):
As I mentioned before, some of the pictures didn't turn out that great. But I hope you have enjoyed the ones posted. And for fear of blackmail, none of the pictures of me from the photo op have been included. Don't even ask...

6 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Maybe you don't want to talk about the photo op, but I will. Alayna took an AMAZING picture with a guy she's been spending a lot of time with lately - they even had their arms around each other. So...next time you see Alayna ask her if you can take a look at her camera so you can see the HOT picture of the two of them.

Alayna said...

Oh Sarah...you chistosita! I guess people can ask to see my camera, but unfortunately the photos have all been deleted. Oops!

Kevin said...

Looks like a great time!

And, I have to ask (mainly cuz you said not to...), why do you fear the blackmail? Surely they can't be THAT bad of pics.

Amy Piller said...

That looks like so much fun, I miss you crazy girl! Are you still up for spending Saturday June 6th with Grant and I?

Katy Wilson said...

well..that looks like alot more fun than the ballet i was at that night. dang it...