Monday, May 18, 2009

my near death experience

Ok, so maybe the title is a little dramatic, and maybe after reading my post you will be more jealous than you will be sympathetic, but I am pretty sure I had a near death experience this morning. It all really started on Saturday when my pal Joey called me to rub in my face that she was going to boot camp on Monday and Wednesday morning with none other than my fave boy from the Biggest Loser, Sione. That's right, the sexy Tongan is trying to promote good health and exercise, and using his fame to his advantage. I immediately wanted to sign up for boot camp, but the price was a little much for someone with my financial status. I talked to my pal Sarah who convinced me that I was crazy not go because she knew how much I love Sione and compared him to a musician that I would pay to see in concert. So, I signed up. All weekend long I have been super excited with a side of sheer terror. I have never done boot camp before and could only imagine the torture I would be putting myself through. Is it really worth it? Am I going to live to tell of my experience? Of course it is worth it if it means spending time with the world's sexiest man!

Because the boot camp was in Gilbert, I had a sleep over at my mom's house last night. I had to wake up at 4:15 this morning to arrive at the park by 4:35am. Honestly I was the first person there, besides Sione and the other trainer, but because I was scared I kept driving and waited a few more minutes for others to arrive. I missed out on quality alone time I know...I am such a freak! But once I got there he came right up to me and shook my hand. I expressed my fear and he told me not to be scared. Let me just tell you that he is even sexier in person, and then when you smell his cologne...oh. my. gosh! I could have taken him right there and then in the parking lot (sorry mom...). He told stories about his Biggest Loser experience while we waited for others to arrive. Then they broke us into groups, beginner and advanced. No question, I opted for the beginner course. Lucky for me, Sione happened to be the trainer for the beginners. To make a long story short, he kicked my @!*% and I seriously thought I would die a few times. He was too nice to be a mean trainer, but at the same time tried really hard to push us. Yep, he succeeded. I don't really want to go into the details of the workout, but it was intense, yet I felt so invigorated when it was over. Now I am at work and feeling exhausted beyond words, and my body feels a bit weak. But the events of this morning have really inspired me to make some changes in my life to be a healthier person. I know I am capable of much more at the gym, and I know I can make better food choices. So for that I have to thank Sione. It was a fun experience and I can't wait to see what Wednesday holds.

P.S. Check back Wednesday as Sione has promised time for pictures!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

JEALOUS!!

Amy Piller said...

That is so awesome!

Miss Amanda said...

Alayna, that is awesome!!! You go girl, I am rooting for you and maybe you can get to spend some more quality time with Sione...:)

Charlene said...

I've always wanted to do a boot camp! I don't know why the thought of getting my butt kicked sounds appealing.

Ask Sione if it's true that Felipe baptized Kristin!