Wednesday, July 8, 2009

back again

I am back from Utah...again. Although the purpose of my visit was sad, it was a very memorable experience that I will not soon forget. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation. I am grateful for eternal families. I know I will see my grandpa again. And I also know that he is having a great time being reunited with his son, his parents and other family members...I also bet that my little brothers are excited to see their grandpa again. And I would even venture to guess that he is chillin' with his dogs and possibly even my dog, Trigger. I honestly don't know how people cope who don't believe in God or life after death. I am so blessed. My grandpa was a great man and it was awe inspiring to reflect on his life and the amazing legacy he leaves behind.

I love you g-pa!

I now challenge you to check out my sister-in-law's blog for another tribute to my grandpa, a recap of the good times we had while in Utah, and also for a glimpse of his obituary. She did such a great job capturing all of the moments and memories made over the last few days. She has several posts...so get started!!!

P.S. I still have one more birthday post to publish...so check back a little later.

2 comments:

Amy Piller said...

The funeral was really nice. You did a great job on the piano and Matt did so great. I didn't think I would cry but I cried while he spoke and while the kids sang and you played. It was a great tribute to your gramps:)

Marianne and Matt said...

What a nice testimony....and "AMEN" to that!! I sure do love you and am sorry for your loss. Your Grandpa seemed like a great person!!