Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good news!

Surgery is over. Dad is recovering. The doctors said all went well. Not only did they remove his aortic valve (and replaced it with a pig valve), they also removed a small piece of aorta...which appeared to be a little swollen. They figured they would take care of it now before it became a problem. {Smart} So, now the long road begins. He will be in the ICU for several days and then will get to avoid driving and using his upper body for the next month. There is a small chance the parentals may be able to fly back to AZ for a few days, but we are not sure about that yet. For now they are in good hands...lots of family and support in Utah. {A blessing} I am glad all went well. Good luck Daddy-O! Love ya lots!

6 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

two things...
1. I am glad your dad is better.
2. I had NO IDEA you had a pressed penny collection!!!

Amy Piller said...

Glad to hear it went well.

Marianne and Matt said...

We have been praying for him, and I am so happy to hear to the good news. I really have always liked good ol' rich. He's a good guy:) Love you too:)

Janalee said...

Yeah! I am glad to hear that! I have been thinking and praying for him all week...so has my family. Let me know if you need anything!

tiare said...

so glad to hear everything went well!!! we'll continue to pray for a speedy recovery.

jessi said...

I am so glad to hear!
PS I didn't know you liked CAKE! I love them!!!!