Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I am in heaven...

Cereal heaven, that is!

You see, I have become quite the bargain hunter. A few weeks ago I discovered the pure bliss that comes from looking at the grocery ads that come in the mail every week. Normally I shop at good old Walmart because I am a poor, tightwad and feel like I can only get good deals at that store. But then the month of October rolled around and I realized that all stores had good deals on pink things due to Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I opened my Fry's (aka Smiths in UT) ad and found some really good deals on pink cakes and pink M&Ms to use for my friends' bridal shower... and I have been obsessed with Fry's ads ever since! So imagine my excitement when I opened the ad last week to see that Honey Bunches of Oats (the world's MOST AMAZING cereal) was on sale for $1.57 each when you bought 4 of them!!! I was thrilled!!!

But because I have been a crazy, busy girl the last week or so, I never had time to go to the store. After completing jury duty yesterday (another post, another day) I decided it would be a good idea to stop at the store since the sale ends today. I walked down the cereal aisle only to see empty shelves where the Honey Bunches of Oats were. I was CRUSHED!!! My world stopped turning. I was physically pained. I called my mom because I didn't know what else to do.
But don't worry...I went to another Fry's today on my lunch break...and they had LOTS of Honey Bunches of Oats on their shelves. So I bought 8 of them.

I am a freak, I know. But when something as simple as cereal can make me so happy, I am going to indulge. And I am a very happy girl right now!

4 comments:

jessi said...

FYI, Walmart here price matches- you should see if they do in AZ :) also, go to www.boodle.com for coupons for your area

tiare said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this cereal. i lived off of it - all three kinds - for like three months!!!

Amy Piller said...

I want to start doing the coupon thing, I just don't ever seem to make the time to look at them and then I find myself at the store without coupons again and again:)

Emily said...

Yes, so price match at Wal-mart, they are SO great at that. I love it. You can take ALL the ads and get all the good deals there. The only thing they don't match is buy one get one free! Also, you can get rain checks, so if they are out of the advertised price item, then you can get a rain check and come back later. Welcome to the world of bargain shopping. it really can be quite thrilling.