Monday, October 12, 2009

speaking of rockstars...

There are some boys in my branch/ward...that formed a band...and that band is pretty dang good! On Saturday night I had the privilege of attending their CD release concert. I bought the CD...and I am lovin' it. I would highly recommend going to their site to preview a few songs from the album. Personally, I really like the song "Take the Lead"...but my FAVORITE song is not on the site and is entitled, "Wait for it." There is just something about violins mixed with rock music that makes my heart sing. Anyway, I am sure I could figure out how to get you a CD if you wanted one...

But one day, when they are famous, I will say, "Hey, the lead singer of the group 'Wait for the Moment' was in my branch...and he was my faithful home teacher and fellow choir member. The guy who plays the bass was in my branch and choir too. And the drummer used to be in my old ward." And then people will think I am cool. Or atleast, that is my hope...

3 comments:

Lindsey and Zach said...

I will think you are cool no matter what Layns....Hopefully I will get a second to check out the site.

Marianne and Matt said...

Sounds fun! Why don't they let you be a member....you could do the keyboard!! I can totally see it.

Emily said...

I love stories like that!