Monday, February 15, 2010

excuse me

I've never claimed to be an extremely outgoing or talkative person. I am not one to go out of my way to talk to a stranger or to get attention. But with that being said, I am not a recluse either. I welcome friends and affection, I like social gatherings and girl talk.
However...
I have this personal bubble. And I don't always want people up in my face! You have to earn your way into my bubble. So why do people think it's ok to force their way in? Sometimes I just want to scream, "back off!" Please tell me I am not the only person who feels this way?!
A little space is all I am asking for...

7 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

this was very passive agressive...what's the story behind it?

Unknown said...

yes I'd love the story... We call it "purple space" Like you are surrounded by a rainbow and the farther in the rainbow the closer you get to your personal space, the purple space is the closest to you... I laugh when I hear my kids scream at each other, "YOURE IN MY PURPLE SPACE." We stole that from a co-worker of ryan's a long time ago... I totally agree.

Lindsey and Zach said...

You know me Layns and I am with you on that one, remember our sr trip to Sandiego and we had to share a bed, yeah and "Don't touch me"....it is definetely all about my space!

Amy Piller said...

LOL, oh how I love to invade your space:) Just kidding! Is there a story behind this though? If so I want to hear it!

The Awesome Allens said...

Aw, i miss you. I wish i was there to hear the story. Let's have a girls night...

Marianne and Matt said...

I have sure missed your blog!! I had No idea you were going throught the temple...YAY!! I can't wait to be there with you. That is just so awesome.

Emily Stradling said...

This posts just cracks me up! The way you describe yourself is pretty much exactly how I feel about myself! I am sure there is an interesting story to this, but it just makes me laugh because I know of someone NOW that is constantly invading your space!