Thursday, June 19, 2008

a little self-indulgence

So I know I said that I would not be selfish this week. But heck, tomorrow is my birthday and I think I deserve to be a little bit selfish right? The main point of this little bloggity blog post is to let you know that I will be missing in action for the next week and a half. Tomorrow is the blessed day to celebrate my {one foot in the grave} BIG DAY and then the next morning I am flying off to the great state of...drum roll please....UTAH. I know you are all jealous...

But before I take my hiatus, let me fill you in on a little bit of my birthday plannings so you can live vicariously through me:

First I will drive to the wonderful world of: mom's house where we will drive to the ever delicious Paradise Bakery for some fruit and oatmeal bowl goodness. Next we head to a car man's heaven {a.k.a Big O Tires} to drop off my cute little Camry for some oily refreshment, tire rotating and brake checkage. We then proceed north to a little place called...the hair place (can't remember the name) where I will get butchered {my hairs} and dyed {again, my hairs}. That should take a while. After I complete my sassy makeover, I will either go pick up my cute little Camry (and fork over loads of cash) or drive to Crackers for the birthday tradish luncheon with both the parentals. Good times I am sure. Hey, it's free chocolate cake... After feasting again, the mother and I will probably head back south and visit a little salon for some pedicuring. Cuteness will cover my toes. Then after that, things are a bit foggy. The friends and I are meeting at BJs for some dinner goodness {don't forget the pizzookie} and then who knows what fun will ensue afterwards.

So that's it on my BIG DAY. How does that sound? I was thinking that I might post some pics of my b-day fun on Saturday morning before heading to the plane, but I don't really want to. I kind of want my sassy makeover to be a surprise to all parties in UT...

So for now it's goodbye. But when I get back...BRACE YOURSELF! I have {pleasurable} things in store:

*pics of my BIG DAY
*pics of my sassy-ness
*pics from Utah
*a new, sassy-er looking blog template

{oh boy, oh boy I can't wait!!!}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All i can say is you better send me a pic of your hair! I want to see!!! Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! YAY!!!! Don't forget we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary's the same day. COOL!!
Nikki

Marianne and Matt said...

OH ALayna..I sure do love you, and I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I can't wait to see the sassiness of your new look, but I would rather see it in person:( Your the cutest, have fun tomorrow, you will be on my mind!!

tiare said...

can't wait to see you all "sassed" out! wish i was in ut to take place in all of the fun!
happy...happy birthday tomorrow!!! may it be everything you've ever dreaded...i mean dreamed! love ya!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great day. I'll see you later on tonight.
--Lori

Miss Amanda said...

Happy Birthday CUTE girl!!! I am way excited to see all of your new happenings and SASSY hairstyle! You deserve it. :)