Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Big Day

Hello from Utah! I just can't stay away from blogging...so here I am! I created a little slide show of my happy birthday before boarding the plane to Utah, and I think it's about time I post it. What do you think? But before I do, let me give you a quick little recap of my happiest day. I all started on Thursday night. My mom invited me to go to enrichment with her to make some magnet boards. Super cute! While at enrichment, my very sneaky father took a trip to my house and installed my first birthday present(see slide show for more details). So that was exciting. Then the big day arrived. I woke up freaking early and took some mug shots of myself on the first day of my 27th year of life. Couldn't resist that one. Then I opened my door only to see that my roomie went to town decorating the house so that I could be surprised (love her)...and I was! But who wouldn't be happy to wake up to pink streamers, hawaiian flowers and flip flops everywhere? I drove to mom's house and we went to Paradise Bakery for breakfast. Then I dropped off the car (yep, needed new brake pads and tires too...)and then went to the hair salon. I wanted a drastic change and my hair dresser was eager to oblige. I told her to dye my hair brown and then let her decide the rest. Well, she chose copper high lights. At first, I loved my hair. Then I went in the bathroom and I got a little scared. Now, every minute it's a love/hate debate. Some days I like it, other days I don't. I think it's the redness in it...I have never been a red head fan (sorry cousins...you know I still love you). Then mom and I met daddy-o for lunch. His face told me that he did not approve of my new hair style. Oh well. But lunch was delicious. And, of course, I walked away with a birthday brownie. Mmmmmm!! Then I paid lots of money to have my car given back to me and then my mom paid lots of money for us to get pedicures! It was fun, until the pedicure lady decided to dig my toe off!! A little painful, but loving the end result. Then it was back to mom's house for some relaxation and then I decided I should probably go home and start packing for my Utah trip. My friends came over around 7 and we went to Bj's for dinner. Food was great, but pizzookies were even better! After dinner we decided to try our luck at miniature golf. You would think my friends would be nice to me on my birthday and let me win, but they didn't. I came in dead last! If it weren't for hole #13 and #17 (and the fact that I suck) I maybe could have won. Oh yes, I will blame it on the frogs too... However, if it weren't for Katy hitting my ball into the hole with her ball, I could not have said that I got a hole in one! {A little explanation about the picture, when Katy hit my ball into the hole, I laughed so hard with an open mouth that my gum fell out. That is my gum on the ground in the pic...} After golfing my last drop of energy was spent. It was bedtime and my day was over. Definitely a great birthday. Thanks for all who helped make it so special! Utah updates later... Enjoy the pics:

6 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Love it! wish I was there but glad I get to spend time with you here!

tiare said...

NICE! i love the bold new look on you. serious. makes your eyes pop. also, where can i get one of each of the food items on display?

Katy Wilson said...

yeah for birthdays! i'm glad i at least got to go put puting...but i'm sad i missed out on those pazokie things...yummie!

Miss Amanda said...

Your hairstyle is very SASSY!!! Way to be bold! Love it!

Marianne and Matt said...

You are so brave...I love it!! Your slide show with all the fun pics made me think that I need to put a little EXCITEMENT in my life. Maybe I need a bold new hairstyle(I'm a little too wimpy for that) but maybe I'll have to copy the polk a dot toenails:)

jessi said...

love your hair! I am glad you had a great B-day! can't wait to see you!