Monday, February 2, 2009

Ahhhh!!!!

So, if you haven't heard already (how could you not?)...my Cards fell a bit short yesterday. But wasn't that game AMAZING?! I loved almost every minute of it...

Sometimes the best part of watching the Superbowl is surrounding yourself with fun people and eating lots of YUMMY food. I had the privilege of going to Ashlie and Katy's place for an overly exciting Superbowl party extravaganza! I made some salsa spread complete with baguettes and whipped cream cheese, but just couldn't resist purchasing these exciting themed goodies at the store as well:

I don't know about you, but cookies just taste better when there are footballs on them...don't you think??

This was me before the game:

Let me give you a little background into this picture. First of all, I am a football freak! I go crazy watching football games and really get into the whole thing. In fact, I bought the above gigantic chocolate chip cookie complete with frosting football on it just so I could get the overly huge football ring I am sportin' in this picture. Anywho, we had planned to have the Superbowl party, but unfortunately Ashlie had to work until 5ish (and the game started at 4:30). To make a long story short, Katy was picking Ashlie up from work and their roommie (who is definitely strange) was the only one at their house. So it was just me and this stranger. I sat in front of the tv...by myself...with freaky paint on my face and decided I would pass the time by taking pictures of myself while the roomie was in another room. I watched the first quarter by myself and tried to keep the screams to myself as well. It was a little awkward...but I am not complaining. Ashlie, Katy and another friend arrived when the 2nd quarter started and things really picked up from there. Good old Ashlie sported the face make-up too so I didn't look so crazy. Here is the fun football cheerin' crowd:

(l-r: Katy, Alice, Stacie, me, Ashlie)

I think it was the most fun watching Katy watch football. Apparently she has never watched a Superbowl before (are you crazy?). It was entertaining to hear her questions ("that's good right?") and to see her get so excited when the Cardinals were making their comeback at the end. We all got a little bit freaky with about 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter (for obvious reasons) and it really looked like our boys were going to prove almost every footbally critic wrong! Unfortunately, with 30 seconds left to go, the Steelers made some incredible plays and ripped the rug right out from under us! We were crushed:


Good job boys! You have made us Arizonans proud...even if you are #2:

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Thanx for the re-cap. As I have no cable, I just lived vicariously through 5 girls. Never done that before.

It was also funny to imagine that time alone you had with the roommate. That's my kinda awkward.

Katy Wilson said...

sorry about that whole leaving you alone in my house thing...yikes.
and yeah for super cool superbowl parties!

Amy Piller said...

You look so cute all dressed up for the superbowl!

Marianne and Matt said...

Love the face paint! It really was a good game. Sorry your boys lost.