Wednesday, February 11, 2009

There is hope smiling brightly before {me}

Just so you know, I am feeling TONS better today! Yesterday morning my eyeballs were like faucets, toward the afternoon they were drying up, and pretty much now there is nothing left inside of me. I really wanted to go home last night and get in bed, but my gut got the best of me and I decided to hang out with the new pals instead. And boy am I glad I did! I had such a great night last night! Sarah, Lacey and I headed to Red Robin (yum) to celebrate Lacey's birthday. Good food, good conversation, good picture taking opportunity:Ignore my "scary, no make-up left on face" look. I am sure you can understand why I looked a little trashy...

After Red Robin was Enrichment (which is no longer my calling...I am now the Activities Committee Co-chair...yikes!) for a fun game night with some equally fun girls. If you have never played the game Boxers or Briefs, I would highly recommend it. Similar to Apples to Apples, but a little more fun. Needless to say, I had a good collection of Boxers going (and even collected a few Briefs). What a great night! EXACTLY what I needed!!! Thanks new friends!!!

And finally, to the hope hinted in my blog title: Around the time I had received word that Roomie #2 would be moving in, I had posted an ad on an LDS website for a roommate. I got an email from a girl claiming she was interested, but I had to tell her no because I had already told this other girl I would let her move in. To make a long story short, after my shocking revelation yesterday I decided to email this girl again to see if she was still looking for a place. She emailed me this morning and is still interested! Yes! One lead!!!

So, I will post another ad on the website and then my other good friend Landi is going to post an ad or two at the Institute for me. I have such amazing new friends from the Branch! Can I just tell you how much this reveals to me that the church is true (not that I didn't already know that)?! Sad thing is, my current roomie is moving out because she hates the Branch. Personally, the Branch is an answer to prayer for me and I couldn't ask for anything better at this time in my life.

I guess I just have one last thing to ask any of you home owners/pest experts out there. What are these?

I have these dust straws/icicles/stalagtites (sp?) growing out of my ceiling and I can't quite figure out what they are and how to get rid of them (besides just pulling them off and hoping they don't grow back again). My mom thinks they are termites, but I am under the impression that termites don't get in the ceiling. I have only found them in areas that are subject to moisture; mostly in the bathrooms and then these ones in my bedroom (because my bathroom is open to my room and the moisture build-up from my hot showers often steams up my windows). Someone told me they could be dust mites...but I'm not too sure about that either. Anyway, if you have any idea, please let me know! They are gross!!!

{P.S. I am obsessed with this new Ne-Yo song...don't ask me why. And secondly, thank you all SO MUCH for your kind words yesterday. It means the world to me to know that so many people care. I love you all!!}

4 comments:

Brock and Lisa McKeown said...

Glad today was a better day!!!!

jessi said...

I am glad it is better too! Good luck on finding out what those thingy's are!

Amy Piller said...

I am glad you have such good friends down there since we can't live so close to you!

Natalie said...

dude. those things growing out of your ceiling are bizzare. i hope they don't fall off onto your head while you're sleeping.