Monday, February 23, 2009

Lonely Days...Lonely Nights

(six points to the person who knows the song my title is referring to)

Well, it’s official…I live alone now without roomie (and have for one week). How do I feel about that you may ask? Honestly, I can’t really find the words to explain it. Part of me embraces the excitement of finding a new roomie and beginning a new adventure, but the other part of me feels really lonely right now. It’s not that I have never been alone in my house…I lived there for almost a year by myself before I even got a roomie. Besides, my former roommate worked nights so I was practically alone most of the time anyway. But it just feels strange. Maybe it’s because the room is empty. I am used to seeing the door to the room and bathroom closed, and now they are very much open, constantly showing me how empty the space is. Maybe it’s because the sounds of the box fan humming in that room or the sound of the washing machine constantly rockin’ are gone. I don’t know what it is, but it’s just weird, quiet, surreal.

However, I will trudge forward. I have had absolutely no luck in finding a new roommate yet, but I am hopeful that something will come my way. I don't know when or how, but it will happen. So if any of you out there know of someone looking for a room to rent...send 'em my way! Heck, I'll take what I can get...as long as it helps me get my bills paid...
Well, things have been a bit chaotic in the life o' Alayna. Work has been INSANE!!! It has been heartbreaking not being able to check my blogs everyday like I used to. I have no time to breathe during the day, let alone time to check the old web. I tell you, getting one more major job responsibility and having one less day to accomplish it all has really been difficult. But being busy sure does make the day pass faster. This Thursday I had my first official "day off" in my newly shortened 4 day week. My AMAZING mother spent the morning with me. We went and got pedicures for our upcoming cruise, went shopping to try and find cute clothes for our upcoming cruise, and even stopped at Subway to get a $5 footlong. Mmmmm...delicious! I LOVE MY MOM!! She is always there to cheer me up when I am feeling down. Thanks Mama!
And I can't post about amazing parents without giving an honorable mention to my Daddy-O. He is crafty indeed! He came by my house the other day to do some patching of the walls and figured out how to fix my garage door opener using an empty paper towel tube and some scissors. Don't ask...I can't explain it. It was simply awe inspiring. YOU ROCK Dad!
And, no blog would be complete without thanking those who have been on the sidelines cheering me through this week. I fo' sho' have to thank Sarah...my new bestest pal, Visiting Teacher and RS Pres. She is awesome! We have had many a good time this week, and thanks to her mad texting skills we had quite the game night at my place on Friday night (boys included!!!). Sarah, I don't know if you will ever truly know how much you have helped me the last little while (especially because you don't read my blog), but I am eternally grateful for your friendship at this time in my life!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!
Well, that's about it for now. Hopefully my blogging won't be so depressing and lame from this point forward. I just have to say two things before I end.
1) I can't FRIGGIN' wait until I get on an airplane, fly to FL with the fam (minus grandkids), board a big old cruise ship, tour the Eastern Caribbean, and forget about ALL of my problems for 7 days! Joy and rapture!
2) Four points to the person who can guess the movie the following quote comes from (that I immediately thought of the minute I came home to my newly empty house last Monday):
"..in Greece, where he spent a year in silence, just to better understand the sound of a whisper"
{peace out}
P.S. Please play my games! 10 points are at stake here folks! And don't cheat and look at others' comments before posting your answers!
P.S.S. In reference to my previous post about winning a prize, there may just be a prize involved to whomever answers my questions correctly. GOOD LUCK!!!

7 comments:

Amy Piller said...

No points for me I have no idea what movie that is from!

jessi said...

it is from knights tale! I win!

Kevin said...

Well, I couldn't help it, I looked at the comments to soon. But me loves movie quote games. I dare say I can beat anyone on here. Even the mighty Jessi. More, please!

And sorry to hear about all these troubles. Troubles are no good. But, I'm glad you have a Caribbean cruise to look forward to. That must help a little.

Marianne and Matt said...

Alayna your awesome!! I love your blog and how you manage a positive attitude in a not so great situation. Things will work out, I'm sure of it. By the way the letters you sent me are still making me laugh. I still can't believe how dumb I was....it was fun in the good ol' days to just be dumb and not care. I love you dearly!!

Mrs. JM said...

i think soon you should add us to your blog roll. whenever will work as long as it's soon.

have fun on your trip. jealous.

Sarah said...

You made me cry at work! Really though I'm eternally grateful to you. Life would be so much more boring without you! And I may have sent the texts, but no one wanted to come until you talked to them ;) Thanks for being an amazing friend.

wendyberd said...

yah - a knight's tale.
poor heath.

i'm jealous that you're going on a cruise - don't forget a book, some block, and some sweet moves to spread around the ship ;)