Wednesday, March 31, 2010

pretty, pretty princess{es}

I know it's only Wednesday, but this has definitely been a weird week. Part of me wishes it was over, but another part of me is loving every minute of it. Weird, I know.

I had a day today that can only be summed up in one word: weird. Side note: I think the word weird is weird, and when you spell the word weird it looks weird...but that's just me. Anyway, I got a phone call from my mother first thing this morning telling me that she was at the hospital. I don't know about you, but that is not a fun call to get. I have gotten a call similar to that one twice within the last year (when my grandfather passed away suddenly and then when my dad decided to play dead last Conference weekend). Immediately my heart sank. To make a long story short, my grandmother fell down the stairs. I am positive my grandpa was looking out for her though because she only sustained a broken arm and some bruising. She is a lucky lady! Needless to say, that kind of put me in a funk this morning.

Then I decided to check some blogs a little later and I saw my best friend's blog. She is pregnant right now with her first child and will be having a little boy. She lives in Utah so I feel like I am missing out on a really big part of her life. Especially right now that my whole family lives in Utah, I am really wishing I could be up there. So seeing her blog today and seeing her cute little pregnant belly literally made me sad. Yes, tears were rolling down my face while I sat at work. Call it being a girl, call it hormones, call it whatever you want...it really affected me. And for the rest of the day, I just felt strange.

In the afternoon I couldn't concentrate because my co-worker and I (ok, I only supervised)made an amazing picture in photoshop (may post later) and I couldn't stop staring at the picture. Each time I looked at it I seriously cracked up. It was so hard to contain myself! And honestly, I don't know how I go from tears in the morning to uncontrollable laughter in the afternoon. I tell you, today was weird.

So, on to the evening portion of my day and the reason for my post title. My Branch Relief Society had an activity tonight to celebrate the birthday of when the Relief Society was organized. They decided to have a "Princess" themed party. So everyone dressed in their royal best and we were given crowns and necklaces upon arrival. We had an extra delicious dinner and then enjoyed a small program. During the program one of the sisters read a book called, "Daughter of a King" and it was about a raggedy girl who lived in a small village. Her parents always told her that she was a daughter of a King. She was told that one day she would return to live in the Crystal Palace with the King if she acted like a Princess. Without giving more detail, the book basically references us being daughters (and sons) of our Heavenly Father, the King. We are each Princesses (and Princes) and are working toward the Crystal Palace (Heaven) to be reunited with the King, our Heavenly Father. It was a very touching story and the spirit was strong. It is good to be reminded that we are literally Princes and Princesses, spirit children of our Heavenly Father. We really do have so much worth. And if everyone could really understand that and their divine potential...the world would be a much better place.

Anyway, after the program we got a little crazy and had more of a birthday celebration. We played "Pin the Lips on the Frog"...which obviously relates to kissing many frogs in order to find that Prince Charming. Here is Stephanie trying to connect:
And there was also a fun photo op set up. Here are a few of my favorites:

And, of course, here are me and my girlies...
...doing what we do best:

What a weird day!

3 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Now you have me crying! I really do miss you too! I wish you could be here but the other day I said I missed you and Scott said why doesn't ALayana just move here if her family is here all the time and I said that you are so happy there. You really do seem so happy and are so involved in so much. I never did the stuff you do and made such great friends so cherish it even know I do wish you were here with me:) Love you girl! Can't wait to see you so soon!!!!

Katy Wilson said...

you should move to Utah...that would be funner (more fun?) for you i think...

Katy Wilson said...

you just talk about Utah alot and seem to have lots of friends and family there....
no real reason though...