Saturday, March 13, 2010

uh, no thanks!

So, I had the most unusual experience today while I was waiting for my brakes to be checked at my local Big O Tires store. To make a long story short, I got my brakes replaced about a month and a half ago, but lately my brakes have been screaming louder than they did before they got replaced. I took my car back to the shop to find out what the problem was. Honestly, the guy who works there that has helped me both times is pretty hot...so I don't mind going back there. So today I decided to wait outside in the fabulous sunshine while my car was being checked. There were a few other people outside, and I didn't really pay much attention to any of them. There was an older gentleman (um...maybe that is the wrong word to describe him) there who was sitting by me for a while. I'd say he was about 65ish, taller and skinny, wearing a blue shirt and sunglasses. I figured his car was getting fixed too and that is why he was there (although I later realized that his car was never getting fixed). I didn't make eye contact, didn't smile at him, nothing...so that is why the next turn of events threw me off guard. He goes inside the store and then comes back out on his way to leave. He stops by me and our conversation follows:

"How long are you going to be here?"

"I don't know."

"What are you doing?"

"Um...just waiting for my car to be fixed..."

{Inaudible}

"What did you say?"

"Do you want to get together?"

At this point my head is spinning! Did he just say what I thought he did? How in the heck do you respond to that? I paused for a second and then said, "Uh, no!" To which he patted me on the back and said, "Well, I just thought I'd ask" and then walked away. Can you say creepy? And I'm not just talking about kind of creepy, I am talking about this kind of creepy:Needless to say, I quickly called my mother and laughed my head off. What can I say? I'm breaking old men's hearts all across America!

Speaking of old men, I have to give a shout out to my favorite old man these days: Uncle Sam. Because of him I was able to purchase these beauties:
I got my very own laptop and wireless printer! And to make things even better, I am making the big move and getting internet at my house! Woohoo! It should definitely make blogging and Facebooking more convenient! Thanks old man...for giving me my money back!

5 comments:

jessi said...

That's funny!!!! and yeah for tax returns!

Kevin said...

Ahaha! That's hilarious. Reminds me of when I got hit on by an "old" lady receptionist at BYU whilst delivering pizzas.

I gotta give the guy props for trying at least. :)

Emily said...

I can't imagine what you had to go through to find that creepy picture!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Oh Layns....that is....there are no words actually. The tax return thing though, that is awesome, laptops are so nice.

Emily Stradling said...

Awesome! Hey, you can't blame a guy for asking!