Thursday, March 25, 2010

the WORST weekend ever!

So maybe the blog title is a little misleading. My weekend was actually pretty stellar (until the events of Sunday took place). The weekend got started with a "Worst Dressed" party hosted by my favorite party hosts Sandy, Mari and Tricia. Thanks to some ugly outfit combinations, a few trips through my mom's closet, my hugeness and a ton of bronzer, I looked pretty horrific:

Scary right?? That is me and my pal Daja. She is just adorable. And she's brown-ish, so that gives you an idea of how bronze my face actually was. I mean, it's totally natural! Love ya Daja!



Here are some more of the freaky guests from the night:
Jessica

Sam
Sandy, Tricia and Mari

and my roomie Tawnya dressed in a garbage bag. Classic!

We played some games, ate some food, enjoyed some competitive games of croquet, busted out the sidewalk chalk...and then the awards were handed out. This is the award I won:
I'm not gonna lie...my hair was pretty awesome! Here is a closer look at my hair and my extra bronze/tired face after the party:
Thanks girls for such a {horrifically} fun party!!!
Saturday was also a great day. I woke up early to get my internet installed and then spent a good chunk of the day playing on the internet/setting everything up on my computer. I was pretty much in heaven and have enjoyed having the internet at my house thus far. How I ever lived without it I will never know... I did take a little trip to Walmart during the day to buy myself a pink mouse and some groceries, but that was about it.

And then Saturday night I had the awesome privilege of going to the Easter Pageant dress rehearsal at the Mesa Temple. If you have never experienced the Easter Pageant, you are missing out on one of Mesa's rare treats. It is a play on the Temple grounds depicting the life, death and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ...the Easter Story. I have been to the pageant just about every year that I have lived here, but for some reason, this year was extra special. Maybe it was the company I was with, maybe it was the more intimate setting, or maybe it was just that I am at a much better place in life than I have been in years past...but it touched me so much more! All I know is that the spirit was strong there that night. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have a Savior who loves me enough to lay down His life for me. He suffered unimaginable grief and pain so that I can be forgiven of my sins and be perfected in Him...and one day return to live with Him and my Father in Heaven for eternity. I am so grateful for this Easter season. I am grateful for the opportunity to reflect on my Savior and all that He has done for me. And I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The church is TRUE!

Speaking of which, I will be going through the Salt Lake Temple 2 weeks from today. Woohoo!!! I am so freaking excited! I NEVER thought I would ever be this excited to go through the Temple. But I am!

So, that was basically my weekend. Lots of fun, and then a little stress on Sunday. But I am happy to report that my Family Home Evening lesson went well on Monday and I have been busy preparing for my Sunday School lesson ever since then. It's coming together so I can't complain. I can, however, complain that I have been suffering from the flu this week. YUCK! I missed about 8 hours of work this week just trying to get rest so that I can get better. It seems to be working because each day I feel a little better. Hopefully all will be well by Sunday for our choir performance and my lesson. But despite it all, I am a happy girl...and that is really all that matters!!

2 comments:

Amy Piller said...

I am so glad you are happy. YOu have so much fun with your friends down there I so miss living close to you!!!!

Katy Wilson said...

fun party...

but i'm not going to lie...i went to the easter pagent last night and i was...dare i say it...bored. but mabye it's just cause it's not the city of joseph pageant...and maybe people were just as bored at the city of joseph pageant...i mean...i still think the church is true and all...i just wasn't a fan of this particular event.