Thursday, November 6, 2008

i {heart} reik

As most of you know, I spend my workdays chillin' with lots o' Latinos...


Lots o' Latinos = lots o' Spanish music


I know you all know what kind of music I am talking about...the circus type with the Latino man moaning in agony {ay ya ya ya ya}. Anyway, I don't so much love this music....


When I first met Pepe he quickly made a point of adding some Spanish stations to the radio of my car. Until then, I never knew there could be any good Spanish music out there. But then I realized that some Latinos are actually up-to-date with the "coolness" that is the music today. And, believe it or not, I found myself listening to the Spanish stations in my car on occasion. Then, about 6 months ago I heard this song on the radio called "Invierno"and I LOVED IT!!! I made Pepe do some investigating to find out who sang the song and then went on the hunt for the CD. After much searching I found it! But oddly enough, it did not even contain the song I loved. Regardless, I quickly fell in love with that CD. About a month or so later I found the other CD that actually contained the song I was first searching for...and I love that CD too!! So now, I can say with pride that I {HEART} REIK!!! In fact, I secretly wish to make out with all of them.


So I have added a few of my fave songs on my playlist. Go ahead...take a listen.


{If you dare...}

Even if you don't want to hear this, I am going to tell you why I LOVE these songs that I have added. But first, I must say that I have never before heard the songs "Inolvidable" and "Estar En Tu Mundo" until today. I just thought they sounded like songs I would eventually fall in love with so they got added. "Que Vida La Mia" is just one of those uplifting, feel good songs. My life is a little crazy, so this song fits. "Invierno" is that song that I first fell in love with. I still love it today. "Llego Tu Amor" is my love song. I melted the first time I heard it...and I really love the build up at the end. I can actually sing every word of that song. "Quedate" is just another fun song. I love the way the lead singer says, "no te vayas" around 2:29 in the song. "Cuando Estas Conmigo" is technically 'our song' (insert finger in mouth and produce gag reflex now). I LOVE THIS SONG! But sadly I could only find some crappy bootlegged version of the song. The real thing is MUCH better. Another song I know all the words to. "Yo Quisiera" also reminds me of my relationship with Pepe. It's just a good song. "Noviembre Sin Ti" is another song I had heard on the radio, but also relates because the title translates to "November Without You" and I am celebrating this month of November without my friend. And finally, I added "Levemente" (another crappy bootlegged version) because it is Pepe's favorite song.
Speaking of Pepe, he had court today and is fo' sho' going home very soon. He opted for voluntary departure. Sad...but as it should be.
{Did I mention I love Reik?}

2 comments:

jessi said...

Oh Layna, I am sorry about pepe.....but glad you found some good tunes to listen to. Do you understand all of it?

Amy Piller said...

Love em! SO I need you to motivate me. I want to lose weight by Christmas and definently alot by our cruise in May. Can you help me?