Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reflection

When I first thought about blogging today, I decided that I was going to blog about my extremely disappointing weekend: my concert got cancelled, the movie I was looking forward to did nothing for me, my Cougars got slaughtered, I am exhausted, I feel kind of sick, the list goes on. But then I decided to create a new playlist for the blog and was going to add some of my favorite Backstreet Boys songs in memory of my cancelled concert. Upon searching through their songs I found quite a few that I had never heard before. All the songs added but the first song you are hearing now are songs that are new to me...and I sort of like them. But then I came across the song "Close My Eyes" and knew my post was going to take a drastic turn...to a quiet reflection inside my heart.
I truly believe the Backstreet Boys are amazing, and a lot of what I like about them is the fact that I can relate to many of their songs. This new song {Close My Eyes} is no exception. In fact, I think it's my new theme song for my life at present. It is very closely related to the song "You Can Let Go" which is playing now. The first time I heard that song I fell in love with it. Then one Sunday when I was driving to my parents' house after church I had a strange thought enter into my mind when that song came on. I pictured my Heavenly Father singing the words to me. Kind of crazy, I know. But it immediately brought tears to my eyes and sometimes when I am sad I think the same thing and turn on that song.

It's no big surprise that I am not perfect. I have made many mistakes in my life, and more the last 5 years or so. This last week has been eye opening for me. I am finally waking up. I feel like I can finally let go of a lot of baggage that has been weighing me down lately. I still feel strange and emotional, but at the same time feel invigorated and a little bit lighter. It's a strangely pleasant feeling.

So enjoy my new playlist. Give these new songs a listen and let me know what you think. Is one of them your new theme song??

P.S. There is one highlight of my weekend: my big Enrichment activity is OVER and was a success! Woo hoo!!
UPDATE 11/24: I gather from the two comments I received thus far that my blog was taken out of context. No, I am not depressed. No, this blog was in no way meant to make you feel sorry for me or to let you in on a suicide attempt. I am totally fine! I just found a new song that makes me happy...and sums up my life. So please understand, I am a happy girl!!! I know I have amazing friends that love me. What more could a girl ask for??!!

4 comments:

Marianne and Matt said...

Oh Alayna I just love you. You know I'm not a backstreet fan AT ALL but because I love you, I am listening to this song and I will admit it is good it really should be your theme song. You have so many people that love you and always will. And as far as Twilight goes....I have to say, I kinda liked it, in some sort of strange way:)

Amy Piller said...

I love you girl! I am listening to the songs now and they are good! Marianne is right you have so many people that love you and can't imagine their lives without you!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Layns....I love you so much too, you are so awesome and if I could hang out with you everyday I would for sure. I miss you so much. I love relating myself to music, I have allot of songs that I feel the same way about...I need to call you...

jessi said...

hey, how did enrichment go??


ps I love you!