Tuesday, January 20, 2009

by the way...

i was totally kidding about that last post! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!! truthfully, it all came about as a joke. my co-worker called me and told me that she forgot to check one of my vitals and proceeded to tell me that she needed to take my temperature in the back region, to which i yelled out loud, "NO WAY SISTER!" of course she was just kidding, and we both laughed for quite a while. she told me that i should blog about my experience. no wait, she "dared" me to blog about it...and i can't back down from a "dare". had it been a triple dog dare i don't think i would have done it...

anyway, my co-worker (we'll just refer to her as nikki) is a cute little fruitcake. i just love her to pieces! she fills my days full of sunshine and often does things (very awkward things) to make me smile. but just reminiscing about my co-worker nikki reminds me of another experience i had with another co-worker today. we'll refer to this co-worker as andrea. she told me something shocking today (which is very andrea-like...she LOVES attention). she proceeded to tell me that she was watching tv last night and what she saw reminded her of me. it was a show about a girl (like me) with blonde hair (my hair used to be blonde), blue eyes (mine are actually green) that is a little overweight (check). she actually never told me what the show was about, only the girl on the show. but then she told me this: she said, "i have an idea for you. you dress too cute for boys. you need to dress more sexy." WHAT??? honestly, i don't understand that girl and her advice. but believe me, i ain't hiking up no skirt to get a man's attention! her advice made no sense...but then again, she usually doesn't make sense.

i hope you enjoyed my awkward moments of the day. sorry about the whole "temperature" story. but...i had you going didn't i?? and besides, it got me lots of comments to read and laugh at (and all of you bloggers secretly know how much we thrive off of comments)!

6 comments:

Kevin said...

Nicely played. :)

That's a good way to get comments though.

jessi said...

That is funny! The funny thing is that it was the topic of our dinner conversation last night! (Which is only myself, kev and Hunter bear) I said no way, and kev said he would. (He has no problem showing people his bum :) As for the dressing sluttier- I think you should stick to your standards- what you wear attracks the kind of men you want to be around.(And believe me you don't want to be around that type of guy- tried it and they are scum!!!) You want someone to love you for you- not being someone you are not. And besides... you are a beautiful person the way you are!!!

Amy Piller said...

Loved it, just loved it!

Julie said...

Alayna you and Nikki are completely outrageous and off your rockers (but hugely funny) ! I have found the perfect hat - it has a giant feather and could well get impounded by customs but I will take chance .... Julie xx

Marianne and Matt said...

I really wish I would have read the "inappropriate" post before reading your last one....it was still hilarious though!! I say, don't listen to Jess, hike the skirt up and show ALL the cleavage you can.....you'll for sure find a guy quicker than ever.


kidding:)

Katy Wilson said...

my cousin jake is my fav too! We for real need to get a NYC trip in the works...it's been far too long since I've seen him and plus...who wouldn't want to see New York!

I'm pumped for the party! I hope you are not dieting that day!