Saturday, January 31, 2009

Silly Comment Saturday

This is a story about Julie from the UK. She is one of our distributors and I handle most of her orders, and because of this we have become quite good friends. As you probably know, the British are a little bit different than us Americans in language, dress, humor, lifestyle, etc. I have learned a lot not only about the UK but also about America from Julie. This woman is a walking Encyclopedia! But what I love most about Julie is her sense of humor. The other day I went through every email I could find from Julie and picked out a few fun phrases she has said that made me laugh. I hope you find humor in them as I did:

"I just sent small bars of chocolate you would not gain weight with those, I promise. Men do not like stick insects. What man do you know who yearns for Victoria Beckham, husband David doesn't count as he has just two brain cells. Body perhaps and a six pack but no brain."

"I've just upset the dogs - my volume is up full so I can listen out for Skype and just visited your blog to check for updates. Lots of howling, they're obviously fans of Fall Out Boy..."

"Oh Alayna, you hob-nobber. You just know which names to drop don't you."

"When I saw Michael Phelps today he reminded me a little of a vampire, I'm sure he's a lovely man...perhaps it was just an unfortunate camera shot."

"How's the zit by the way, is it one of those that when you frown you feel like Lieutenant Worf out of Star Trek...or a real beauty and looks like rhubarb and custard."

"Sweater vest - they're jokingly called tank tops in the UK... Typically worn by uncool dads who think they look the bee's knees."

"I was pulling your leg Alayna, read that your 'beau' was hardly aware of your existence. I too had one of those, even bought an egg cup with the name Kenny emblazoned on the side, my mother never ever said a word. I was very spotty and a podgy 13 year old and he was 18 complete with a motorbike, leather jacket, winkle pickers and oh so tight drainpipe jeans."

"So its a bit like a fancy dress party where you're the only one in fancy dress. I once went to a Vicars and Tarts party dressed as a French Maid and apart from the chap I went with nobody was in fancy dress. He just took off the dog collar and I just tried to look 'normal'."

"Brave mummy, I felt quite faint reading about the procedure. You call them scabs, we call them scuds. I could certainly do with a chemical peel or something more serious ! I'd like to get my leg veins sorted out, alternatively I could go to a fancy dress party as a road map .... and save money on a costume. Alan says I have a neck like a tortoise. "

Isn't she cute??? I just love my pal Julie! Thanks for teaching me so much about... everything!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

"rhubarb and custard". That's perfect description actually. But still, eew.

Marla said...

alayna you are absolutely amazing...can i just tell you that?!

Marla said...

testing