Tuesday, January 6, 2009

revelations

Well, I am now back in Arizona and slowly starting to defrost. I had an amazing time in Utah hanging with the family and friends, but just after a couple of days in the cold and snow I realized how happy I am that I live in the warm desert of AZ. I have no idea how I managed to handle the frostbitten days of my yesteryear…

Before giving you a rundown and showing pics of my vacation, I thought I would give you a little piece of my mind. While sitting at the airport this morning, I was pondering some of the things I have learned already this year, or that I learned while visiting my old pals in Utah. Here is my list of sundry revelations:

*no matter how old you get or how far away you live, people/friends/friendships will never change
*space heaters also double as blow dryers
*I do not love the snow
*oddly enough, boys do love a good craft night now and then
*even if you don’t {love} the team that is playing, football is best enjoyed in the company of others
*when you live in Arizona, and you visit Utah, sometimes it’s better just to skip out on church because you only packed a short skirt {and no tights/nylons}
*there will always be that one random person at the airport that chooses to stare at you (no, there was no tv behind my head)
*being cold can result in getting a cold (or it could just be from lack of sleep, eating crap, and/or being surrounded by sickies)
*shoes + holes + snow = bad
*Utah water is amazing
*27 year olds are still prone to getting zits
*the owners of Zinn Bistro really suck
*Nyquil is heaven sent
*I chob my iPod
*I often wish to be a baby; bundled and carried
*trying as hard as I can to stop it, I still catch myself smiling like a giddy little school girl every time the airplane takes off
*I need to focus more on sleep

These are just a few {17} I have discovered so far. How 'bout you??

Hope you are all thriving and successfully attempting your new years resolutions. Today is day one for me (being on vacation during the new year does not equal the new beginning...that only starts the first day you are back home {wink}). So far, so good!

6 comments:

Amy Piller said...

I am glad you learned so much! But you forgot the most important thing you learned, that Amy Piller is the best friend ever!

Miss Amanda said...

I agree with you Alayna...Arizona desert is better than the freezing cold in UTAH!!!! I was actually in the Mesa area all last week and loved it!!! I thought about you while in Arizona and then see we switched places and you came to Utah...crazy! Where in Arizona do you live?

P.S. There are some hot men in AZ...you are lucky!

Mrs. JM said...

i take note of your revelations and comment as follows.

first of all .. i disagree with you ~ utah's seasons are sensational just when you can no longer take the cold it gets hot and just when you need a good excuse to cuddle up with a warm blanket without feeling like a hermit it gets cold! arizona ... pshh. i would melt or smell.

second of all, i'm going gray and getting zits. i'd like to ask whoever is in charge to make up their mind - puberty or menopause .. c'mon.

the desert makes me itchy, i prefer skipping church on a regular basis and i love having staring contests with strangers.

love your blog.

Kevin said...

Well, perhaps on your next visit me might meet...

And about that whole New Years night, I dunno if you woulda wanted to be in my presence that night. First impressions and all that...

Mrs. JM said...

http://brightonhigh99.blogspot.com/

10 years .. i've been notified.

tiare said...

*no matter how old you get or how far away you live, people/friends/friendships will never change
*Utah water is amazing
*27 year olds are still prone to getting zits
*the owners of Zinn Bistro really suck
AMEN!!!!!!
so fun to see you!!!!! come back again before i move out east!!!!