Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Surviving the weekend

Hello there my friends! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I sure did! I basically had a family oriented weekend and it was great. On Friday my {awesome} bro Matt was in town for a day so the fam went to dinner to celebrate. Mmmm...Texas Roadhouse!

On Saturday I woke up {freaking} early to help my dear sweet mother, who had the {pleasure} of teaching about food storage for her stake women's conference. Like I noted in my blog about my amazing mother, I will definitely be going to her house if there is an emergency. I don't care if my car is out of gas, I will walk there. I don't care if there is a big crack in the earth due to a massive earthquake, I will trudge through it to get there. If that crack in the earth is filled with water, I will swim there. You get the point right? I have NOTHING...she has EVERYTHING! And believe it or not, she really inspired me to get prepared.

The rest of the day was spent {chillin'} with the folks. A little jacuzzi fun, some shopping, some eating...all good things.

Then Sunday was the day of all days...Mother's Day. I did the church thing and then spent the rest of the day with my mommy. We had a great family dinner (thanks mom for changing your dinner plans just for me) and then we did this:

Yep, that's right...the Survivor finale. I am so upset about the outcome. Amanda should have won. But I must admit, those girls sure were crafty and cunning and {sometimes} I aspire to be like them. Ok, not the sluttiness, just the player-ness (yes, it's a word).

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

okay, i was totally irate that "parv" {gag me} won! who voted for her? they never showed everyone's votes. this was a great season, i must say! sounds like i missed out on all the fun in az....i've never even been to texas roadhouse. we'll have to go when we come in july. i may be swimming, walking, or trudging to your mom's house, too, although i have been watching Man vs. Wild so i'd consider myself pretty set. man, this is a long comment....

Marianne and Matt said...

We watched some of survivor this season, mainly everytime we would watch it we would just make fun of the name parverty, or whatever it is. Glad you had a good weekend!