Thursday, May 29, 2008

Weekend at cabin

On Saturday morning I drove up to my parents' cabin for some fun and relaxation. My dad and my brother spent the weekend putting up some framing for the addition (the cabin is a bit small...) so my mom and I just chilled. It's about a 3 hour drive to Snowflake from old Mesa, so I had lots of time to sing out loud and to take pictures (while driving...oops!). It rained most of the way there, and I even drove through some snow in Payson. Needless to say, it's a pretty boring, yet sometimes scenic drive. My favorite part of the drive is through a small town called Star Valley. When I was in high school my friends and I would drive to Star Valley, Wyoming to hang out with some weird boys. Well, Star Valley, Arizona is similar in a lot of respects. It is a very small town. There is barely a gas station in the square mile of the town, but the one thing they do have is a cabaret club (see picture in slideshow). But what's even better is there is a fake cow on top of the cabaret sign. I wonder what kind of women are dancing there??

Once I got to the cabin I basically did a whole lot of nothing. Ok, so I did some girly crafts, but I didn't take any pictures of that. I love just being in nature, relaxing, spending time with family, and just getting away from the stresses of life. It was a good time.

I will be posting some more blogs about my adventures in the actual town of Snowflake at a later time. It is an interesting place...

{enjoy viewing my cabin experience}






2 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Fun I want to go to your cabin:)

jessi said...

me too! maybe I should come to your house first though :)