Saturday, July 12, 2008

Guess what?

I am now a proud member of LA Fitness! That's right...I joined a gym. And I am super excited about it. I have been to the gym four times this week and hope to get in the habit of going 3-5 times per week. This week I took Hip Hop, Body Works, and Water Aerobics (twice). There is just something that is fun about group aerobics. I have such a hard time getting motivated to do the treadmill or weights. I like the instruction of a class. So wish me luck on my new endeavor.

Oh, and if you can't tell already, I am back on the Dr. Fountis program again. I started on Tuesday and have lost 9lbs already this week! GO ALAYNA!!! I think it's all about the attitude. I am done making excuses, and only focusing on the short term goals. I don't know why I always let my brain win the weight loss battle, but this time I am politely telling my brain to SHUT UP! And it's working...

For my Utah girls, remember our Humanities class with Miss Lees? Well the one thing I learned in that class (that has nothing to do with Humanities) is the way to win the battle with your mind. So with her help, I have formulated the following sentence which I write or say aloud 10 times a day:

I will be successful on Dr. Fountis until CE in a healthy and positive way.

Remember that? Well, surprisingly it is working too! By the way, CE (aka Creative Escape) is a huge scrapbooking event put on by Bazzill Basics Paper (my work) and Heidi Swapp and it is the first week in September. So, I have approximately 1 1/2 months of dieting to look forward to and then I will take a little bitty break. It's not so hard to stick to a diet when you only have to do it for a short amount of time. Am I right?

Ok, that's enough from me. Just kidding...I have one more thing to say: Be sure to check out my little weight loss chart freshly added to my side bar. This way you can all see when I succeed or fail, so it should keep me on track...

{happy dieting}

7 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

yeah for losing weight! i was getting so good at the gym and stuff...then jp came along who love the fact that i am fat and i just haven't been as motivated...stupid boys.

Marianne and Matt said...

GO ALAYNA!! I love the gym idea and I am same as you where classes work better for me than a treadmill. I wish I could take the Hip Hop class with you!!

Amy Piller said...

Go Alayna, I wish I had someone to go to classes with. I would much rather do classes. I swam laps the other day and it felt so good, loved it!

Miss Amanda said...

You GO girl!!! I have always wanted to try the Hip Hop class. I am the same as you, I like the aerobics classes better than a treadmill. I cannot motivate myself to get on one of those machines. In fact, I have been diligent and waking up every morning at 5:20 to make it to the 5:45 aerobics class. We can motivate each other and cheer each other on. You are AMAZING!!!

tiare said...

girl...you are awesome! it totally is mind over body...and you are right. when you have a short term to do something it seems alot easier to accomplish. keep it up!!

Amy Piller said...

So how does that Skinnyr graph thing work?

Unknown said...

Tripped over your blog, coz I'm on the same diet. Go you for having the wherewithal for working out - I will be starting my own workouts again next week after four full weeks on the diet (other medical problems notwithstanding).

Best of luck, and happy losses!

Michelle
aka
Samurai_ko