Sunday, July 6, 2008

utah state hey aggies all the way!



One of the greatest highlights of my trip was my short visit to my alma matter: Utah State University. It was a time in my life of great learning intellectually, emotionally, physically and financially. A time that will never be forgotten. And it was also one of the determining factors in deciding if I should go to Utah. I am so glad that my dear sweet mother was willing to go with me (and of course, if it weren't for Staci lending me her car we couldn't have done it either). The drive up was painful due to some road construction, but once I got into the canyon, I admit I got a little teary eyed. I was so happy to be there. Such great memories were made there! The first stop was Firehouse Pizzeria. I have been dying to go there ever since I lived in Logan. It is a fantastic restaurant and I would highly recommend it if you ever happen to be passing through. My mom told our waitress that we came to Utah from Arizona just so we could go to this restaurant to celebrate my birthday. Partly true... I don't think she bought the story, but she gave me a free pizzookie, so I can't complain! It was delicious!!!

Then we headed up to campus to see all of the many changes that have taken place in the last 5 years since my graduation (can you believe I graduated from college 5 years ago??). I have a lot of memories on that campus {tin foil bras, hanging on the quad, Institute, the A...just to name a few} so it was fun to revisit them. We drove through town to see all the new restaurants and stores. We also drove past every apartment I lived in during my four years at school. Can't really remember the exact condo I lived in my first year, but I found the general area. Good times indeed! And, of course, no visit to Logan would be complete without a stop at the Bluebird for an O'Aggie Bar. Yummy!

Oh Logan, how I miss thee...

2 comments:

tiare said...

love the slideshows!!! looks like you had a great trip! i have experienced the firehouse-- YUM-O!

Miss Amanda said...

Man Alayna...I wish I would have known you were in Logan. I would have loved to see you! Next time. :)