Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update

Well today was one of the more interesting days I have ever had. I got to experience something I hope to never have to experience again. But before I get into that, let me give you a little background update first. After going yet another day without a phone call from my friend, I decided to try and be proactive. I called the hotline and finally got a hold of a real person. After much searching she finally found my friend. Apparently his name was spelled wrong and that is why no one could ever find him. Turns out, I am allowed to visit him. So I got all the info I needed and was able to go to jail today and see him. Granted, he was on a teleprompter and I was talking to him on a phone, but atleast I got the relief of being able to see that he is ok. I feel so bad for him because he is so scared, but at the same time realize that he made a mistake and must suffer the consequences. I promised that I would do my best to support him and gave him my phone number to call me if he needed to talk. It was the most interesting experience I have had in quite some time. Anyway, he has court tomorrow, so I plan to go just because I'm cool like that. There is a chance that any charges may be dropped, so he will just be shipped back to Peru. That is my hope. I would hate for him to have to stay in jail and then go to Peru after an extended period of time. But anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I am doing much better. I feel such a feeling of relief and it feels good. Thank you so much for your well wishes. I will let you know if anything else exciting happens...

(by the way, the picture is from New Years 2007...when I was about 95lbs heavier)

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Glad to see things are getting better. I hope it goes well tomorrow.

tiare said...

oh that makes me happy. nothing can replace peace of mind. i'm glad that you know what's going on with him. prayers are still coming.

Amy Piller said...

Cute picture! I am so glad you got to see him again. Love ya

Emily said...

Hey, happy to know you are feeling better about the whole issue. I admire your foresight and courage. Keep up the good work girlie!