Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmasy ME

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on how lazy I am feeling at the time of wrapping. I prefer wrapping paper, but gift bags are so much quicker!
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial fo’ sho’! I can’t imagine trying to keep a real, cut down tree alive. Knowing my luck, I’d probably burn down the house with the Christmas lights + dead tree… Although one day I think I shall try the real thing {he he}
3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving yo
4. When do you take the tree down? January 1st-2nd
5. Favorite gift received as a child? I’m too old to remember that stuff, so I’ll stick with more recent times. I once received a pink KitchenAid, pink pots and pans and a ladder. Oh such happy times! Upon further investigation, I do remember hearing stories about a Christmas in my younger days when I got extra excited to receive a box {yep, you heard me right…a box} from my grandpa. There was a doll inside…but really the box was my favorite
6. Hardest person to buy for? Any man…period.
7. Easiest person to buy for? Myself {who doesn’t buy themselves something for Christmas??}
8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep. My cutest grandma gave me one of her old sets and I love it! They look like little Cabbage Patch kids and they are special to me
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail {and usually homemade cards}
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can’t recall getting a present I didn’t like
11. Favorite Christmas movie? The Christmas Story {featuring my brother}
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? On occasion I will shop on Black Friday, but it’s mostly sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas…
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Can’t say that I have
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? In relation to Christmas foods or food only seen around Christmas time, I’d probably say the chocolate oranges {mmm…tasty}
15. Lights on the tree? Of course. But they have to be white lights…none of that colored crap
16. Favorite Christmas song? I truly enjoy the Bruce Springstein version of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” but really, I like most any song that is Christmasy in nature
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to Utah a few days before Christmas to experience REAL winter and get in the Christmas spirit, then stay home for Christmas day
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph. That’s all of them right?
19. Angel on top of tree or star? Neither. I would probably choose a star though
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas morning
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Those blasted bell ringers
22. What theme or color are you using? Not a fan of traditional red and green {the ugly red and green} but do have a lot of deep red and more of a brighter green {aka Parakeet…any Bazzill fans out there?}. I also like the pink and blue look. I don’t have a particular color style, but do have LOTS of snowmen. I think they’re pretty cute!
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We don’t have a traditional Christmas dinner. Ok, maybe we do {ham and potatoes}. But we have an awesome tradition of having Breakfast Burritos on Christmas morning. Yummy!
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A man{tall, dark and handsome or short, squatty and ugly…I don’t really care…I’ll take what I can get}, an i-pod {a little behind the times…I know}, a mini hymn book {don’t ask}, someone to pay all of my bills {reference first item on list}, oh and health and happiness for everyone {thanks Joey!}
25. It would only make sense to have a 25th question because the number 25 is synonymous with Christmas, but there isn’t a question number 25. Sorry folks!

p.s. I just looked on someone else’s blog who has this little questionnaire up, and the missing question is this: Do you like Eggnog? To which I would promptly respond, “Heck NO!!” That stuff is WRONG in so many ways!!

2 comments:

jessi said...

I don't like eggnog either! Yucky and so many calories!!!!

Amy Piller said...

I remember when you got a pink remote 3 wheeler for your barbe one Christmas. Oh the memories. So are you coming to Utah a few days before Christmas this year?