Monday, December 8, 2008

latest happenings

This last week was very eventful to say the least. It all started on Tuesday when we had a cookie party at work. Everyone was supposed to bake 9 dozen cookies to be tasted and judged, then we each got to take home a dozen of each cookie. I do enjoy cooking at times, especially when I get to make cookies (judging by my waste line, that is all I enjoy cooking/eating). So I got out the old Kitchen Aid and some key ingredients to make the ever delicious Melt Aways. Mind you, I have only used the Kitchen Aid twice (once by me and once by someone else), so this tool is still pretty new to me (yep, I've had it for two years). Well, this is what happened when I tried mixing all the ingredients together:
The picture just does not do justice to the monstrosity of the mess. It was nothing short of a disaster! Flour, cornstarch, and powdered sugar {oh my} EVERYWHERE!! Yep, even all over my arm. Next time I use the old Kitchen Aid I will wear a plastic suit. Once the mess was cleaned up however, the cookies themselves did turn out pretty good. Here they are:
Pretty cute right? The festivities were fun and the cookies were pretty good, but my cookies didn't win anything. Not the prettiest, not the tastiest, not the best presentation...NADA! I was pretty bitter. Just kidding! Here are two more pics of the festivities:

Me and my pal Nikki waiting for the cookies to be revealed
Strange picture right? I do not post this picture to show you just how cool my boss is with his sexy leg-on-table pose, but to point out the celebrity {if you will} in the background that stuck around for our cookie party. All you scrapbookers out there are jealous I know. Yep, that's Tim Holtz! Everyone else in the world who doesn't know who Tim Holtz is, you are missing out. He is super talented! LOVE HIM!!!
The very next day (Wednesday) I was driving to work and had to slam on my brakes in rush hour traffic to avoid hitting the car in front of me. Apparently the person behind me had to do the same, but they weren't as lucky as I was. I watched the whole thing unfold in my rear view mirror and then calmly pulled my car off to the side of the road.
Whoa! The damage is overwhelming right? Not quite, but still, it kind of sucked. Thank heavens the girl who hit me had insurance and was on top of things (I wonder if this had ever happened to her before?) because after the whole involving the police and exchanging information, and before I even got to work that morning, her insurance company had contacted me and set up an appointment for me to take my car to a body shop to be fixed. Right after work I dropped off my poor little car and got hooked up with this beauty:


That's right folks...I got myself a minivan! Ok, it wasn't quite as big as a minivan, but it was still motherly in appearance. I was so excited that I just wanted to get a big group of people, stuff them in my mini-minivan and go for a ride. Sadly, that never came to fruition. My car was fixed two days later (just in time for Phooson...to be posted tomorrow). Here are the end results:
Oooh...pretty, smooth, scratchless bumper! The best part was that the scratches that were in the bumper previously from my run in with a sign on the freeway, my backing into a small tree and my unfortunate incident with my garage door closing on said bumper are no longer there! Now, if only I could get someone to hit the front of my car to make those small scratches disappear too! (Note: I really am a good driver! I have never been in an accident that was my fault and have never ever received a speeding ticket...)
And finally, on Thursday I got to hang out with my little stud Luke to celebrate his 7th birthday. He wanted to go to Red Lobster {gag} for his birthday, so my mom and I took him there. He got some crab legs {gag again} and REALLY enjoyed them:
In fact, there were a few morsels of crab meat on the table where the crab legs were cracked open, so Luke did a good job of licking those up as well. Maybe I should call him Hoover or Dyson from now on...
LOVE THAT KID!!!

5 comments:

tiare said...

meltaways....ooohhhh (that sound you just heard was me wiping the drool off my face with my sleeve).
soooo sorry about your car! i'm glad you got experience the "mini-mini-van"! ha ha ha!

Natalie said...

the kitchenaid lady says to start mixing on "stir" :) love ya!

Amy Piller said...

What a weekend!

jessi said...

I am jealous you even have a kitchenaid, and pink!!! LUCKY GIRL!

Marianne and Matt said...

I give you the prize for cutest cookies ever. And it is soooo like my alayna to make sure they are in a perfect red and green pattern on the tray. By the way crab legs are probably one of my most favorite things in the WORLD...I am totally serious. You are really missing out!