Sunday, June 28, 2009

Birthday Beach Bash

This weekend my friend Sarah and I threw the birthday party to end all birthday parties. My birthday was the 20th and Sarah's was the 25th so we thought it would be fun to have a combined birthday bash...with a beach theme. Let me just explain to you that when Sarah and I decide to throw a party, we really get into it. There were beach decos everywhere. We made people wear leis, flip flops and beach attire. We had the most amazing photo op in my only-empty-for-a-few-more-days guest room, and got lots of good photos. Unfortunately I don't have time to write all about it now, but check back later this week for millions of photos, complete with descriptions. Until then, here are two pictures to check out and get you excited for the blog this week:

me in my birthday girl, flower-in-hair, beach get up


and the awesome flip flop cake made by Sarah's mother

P.S. This new song on my blog is kind of lame, but I love it for one reason. It was one of the first songs I heard on Saturday morning (the day of our birthday beach bash) and it was also the first time I had ever heard this song. It helped me to realize that "tonight's gonna be a good night"...in reference to Saturday night that is. And it was! I LOVED almost EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

2 comments:

jessi said...

How fun! Love the cake!

Amy Piller said...

Sounds fun can't wait to hear more