Saturday, June 13, 2009

visitors

I guess it has been about a week and a half since I had visitors, but it is never too late to blog about it right? About the time I was flying up to Utah was about the time that my friend in Utah was flying to Arizona. We did get to see each other one day, but it worked out really well because once I got home to AZ I was able to spend some quality time with my Utah visitors. We got together on a Wednesday morning for breakfast at my favorite little cafe in Arizona called Crackers. Then it was off to the bowling alley to show off my sexy bowling shoes and pink bowling ball:

A close up on my awesome bowling shoes in case you can't see them very well in my flamingo pose above:
I think people assume you are a good bowler when you have your own bowling shoes and bowling ball, but that is definitely not the case for me. In fact, out of the two games bowled my combined score was 189ish. Not great. Here is Amy showing off her mad skills:

And Grant...the true possessor of those aforementioned skills:
Yep, Amy and I got slaughtered...slightly. At one point we decided to combine our scores to see if we could beat Grant...and it was still a little rough. We decided to call ourselves the "Side Sisters" as every time we tried to aim for the middle pins, our balls would somehow wind up going to the side...near the gutter. Side Sisters turned into the acronym "S.S." and then we decided to add "Alayna & Amy: Side Sisters" to the name and coined the acronym "A.A.S.S."...which then turned into naughty phrases like "a little extra A in your A.S.S." I know, I am going to hell... And here is our classic "interesting pose with ball" picture:


After bowling it was back to my house to hang out as I waited for the dang termite man to once again treat my house (the stupid little things don't want to go away). While hanging out we thought it would be fun to make some cupcakes as it was almost Grant's birthday and we were going to be having a birthday bash later on in the week. Amy claims that she has never made cupcakes before. Can you believe it?
It took her about 3 hours to fill the muffin cups with the batter, but I think she did a pretty good job. Just kidding Amos...you know I love ya! Here are Grant and I posing with our masterpieces after baking:
Sad story really, the cupcakes were left at my house because Amy & Grant did not want them sitting in their car all night. I had them covered and sealed tightly on my kitchen counter. When I got home from work the next day I noticed that our awesome white writing that was on top of the chocolate frosting seemed to have disappeared...melted right away. So the cupcakes were duplicated a few days later and left out a bit longer to allow the frosting to dry before being covered. I think they turned out pretty cute:


That weekend we had our little party to celebrate Grant's birthday with a couple of Grant's friends. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse (my fave steak place!)..and it was delicious as always. Here is the gang: Grant did not want it to be known that we were celebrating his birthday, but lucky for us his friend managed to let the waitress know without letting Grant know. The saddle arrived and Grant got on it...what a good sport!


After dinner it was off to a place called Dave and Busters, which is basically an adult Chuck E Cheese. Lots of fun games everywhere...and lots of scantily clad drunkards too. The boys were quickly off to their Monopoly game, so Amy and I decided to fill the night with a little friendly competition. We started with my favorite game, Skee Ball:
We had some hoops competitions:
And, of course, the night would not be complete without a game or two of Whack-A-Mole:
We had some car racing competitions, horse racing competitions and some other good times. Once our energy was spent and our game cards were not, we decided to blow the rest on a game that increased our chances of getting lots of tickets to buy fun prizes with. The boys joked about the shot glasses in the gift shop, but Amy and I thought they were amazing...and got one:
I also got a frisbee and a key chain! All in all, it was a fun evening...a fun week. I am so glad I got to spend time with my Utah pals!

3 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Oh yes it was a great time had by all!!! I wouldn't say it took 3 hours for me to fill those though maybe 2 but no way 3. Go A.A.S.S!!!

Marianne and Matt said...

You guys crack me up...your such cute girls. You should be glad I wasn't there to beat you at Skeeball!! I love the last pic of the shot glasses, you guys look simply gorgeous!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Well I am ALLOT jealous, because I only gor barely one hour with you...man I miss the good ole' times of hangin out the three of us.