Friday, June 12, 2009

Unmotivated

I seem to be lacking motivation this week. I am not sure exactly why. It started out great with a few trips to the gym at 5 am, but since then it has been completely downhill. I can't seem to accomplish anything!

My house is a disgusting disaster with dishes piled in the sink and crap stacked on the counters and everywhere else. My toilets have rings around them. There are cockroach corpses lining the floor and crickets hopping about merrily. The other day I killed two spiders, one small one and another big enough to make me squeal like a little girl (in between a quarter and 50 cent piece in size). And to top it off, all surfaces are covered in approximately one inch of dust. You would think that living in squalor would make me want to clean right? Not really.

Instead of attending to my house cleaning duties, I find myself stuck in the couch, watching hours of TV each night. I recently discovered how much I really love the show "So You Think You Can Dance." While watching the show I wish I would have stuck to my dance classes as a wee child, and it makes me want to get up and start dancing in the living room...but I don't. I just lay there lazily and watch the dancers who are sweaty and all sorts of in shape. Meanwhile, my waistline keeps expanding...

Eventually I may clean my house. Eventually I may eat healthy and workout more often. But for now I believe that I should not do today what I can put off until tomorrow!

3 comments:

Amy Piller said...

It totally feel you my goal was to come home from AZ and eat good and workout. I have only workedout once and it wasn't even that good of a workout. I will say that I have a hard time believing that your house is that dirty I was there just a week ago and it was beautiful:)

jessi said...

Ha Ha Ha! I feel exactly the same way! I was just thinking 2 minuets ago if anyone else has the exact same problem.... No desire to excersize or clean! Thanks for posting this, because I feel better knowing that someone feels the same way. How do we get out of this rut????

Marianne and Matt said...

We all go through those times, I think it's normal....at least that's what I tell myself!!